Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
20-07-2017, 03:18 AM
RE: Great quotes
[Image: whosoever-is-delighted-in-solitude-is-ei...322915.png]

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like M. Linoge's post
20-07-2017, 06:09 AM
"Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end of time. But he loves you! He loves you and he needs MONEY!" (George Carlin)

> I received a warning from Amazon that I was violating their forum guidelines after posting this quote. Yet, theists were free to call atheists hell-bound fools. Go figure! Facepalm
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
20-07-2017, 06:20 AM
(20-07-2017 06:09 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  "Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end of time. But he loves you! He loves you and he needs MONEY!" (George Carlin)

> I received a warning from Amazon that I was violating their forum guidelines after posting this quote. Yet, theists were free to call atheists hell-bound fools. Go figure! Facepalm

Good reason to say " fuck Amazon".

George Carlin has more truth in one paragraph than the entire King James Bible...

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
20-07-2017, 12:05 PM
(20-07-2017 06:09 AM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  "Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end of time. But he loves you! He loves you and he needs MONEY!" (George Carlin)

Laugh out load Really? A warning? Jesus. They're pretty protective of the bible buying public. Can't let them hear anything that might impact sales!

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-07-2017, 06:25 PM
"Men fear time. Time fears The Pyramids." (Egyptian Proverb) Consider
21-07-2017, 03:46 AM
[Image: blaise-pascal-philosopher-the-knowledge-...om-the.jpg]

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
[+] 1 user Likes M. Linoge's post
22-07-2017, 01:54 PM
All religions have based morality on obedience, that is to say, on voluntary slavery. That is why they have always been more pernicious than any political organization. For the latter makes use of violence, the former - of the corruption of the will.

Alexander Herzen.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
22-07-2017, 05:21 PM
“The conclusion seems inescapable that religion is, on almost every conceivable account, directly opposed to the goals of mental health, since it basically consists of masochism, other-directedness, intolerance, refusal to accept uncertainty, unscientific thinking, and self-abasement.” (Dr. Albert Ellis, The Case Against Religion) Consider
[+] 3 users Like Gwaithmir's post
22-07-2017, 06:15 PM
''Don't let your emotions outweigh your intelligence.'' - unknown

Super timely for me right now, as I realize that my faith life was built on emotions and not logic.
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
22-07-2017, 06:16 PM
(20-07-2017 06:25 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  "Men fear time. Time fears The Pyramids." (Egyptian Proverb) Consider

What does this mean? That the pyramids are older than time itself? Laugh out load