Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
08-09-2014, 05:00 PM
RE: Great quotes
(08-09-2014 04:42 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(08-09-2014 04:24 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  you mean can't right?

I hope? Laugh out load

... Maybe...

Laugh out load

either/or can dramatically change the meaning lol

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2014, 04:13 PM
This suits some of the recent convos around the forum Yes Heart

"A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only once" - George R R Martin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
09-09-2014, 07:26 PM
I like that, smercury. Heart

09-09-2014, 07:40 PM
"Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!" -- Carl Sagan

Sagan was talking about extraterrestrial life, but I'm surprised more fundies don't conscript it against their war on atheists. ... Consider ... Probably because they never even heard of Carl Sagan

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-09-2014, 09:16 PM
(09-09-2014 07:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!" -- Carl Sagan

Sagan was talking about extraterrestrial life, but I'm surprised more fundies don't conscript it against their war on atheists. ... Consider ... Probably because they never even heard of Carl Sagan

lol Laugh out load

you could be right. Unsure

10-09-2014, 02:28 AM
"It is perfectly possible to live a very moral life without a belief in God, and I think it's perfectly possible to live a life peppered with ill-doing and believe in God." - JK Rowling
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-09-2014, 06:27 AM
(09-09-2014 07:40 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  "Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence!" -- Carl Sagan

I don't remember who pointed it out for me, but absence of evidence is evidence of absence when you would reasonably expect to find evidence.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
11-09-2014, 09:01 AM
“The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand” ― Jack Sparrow
[+] 6 users Like wazzel's post
11-09-2014, 10:07 PM
I liked this one so much, I thought it was sig-worthy.

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day; teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime; give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish. ~ Anonymous

[+] 7 users Like Deidre32's post
15-09-2014, 07:45 PM (This post was last modified: 16-09-2014 05:45 PM by rizzzzzzzzzzzz.)
David Thorne's reply to a chaplain's statement that there should be a balance of study between life and spirituality when he was trying to get David's son to go to a church play:

"I agree completely that balance is an important component of a child's education. I will assume then that you will also be organising a class excursion to a play depicting the fifteen billion year expansion of the universe from its initial particle soup moments following the big bang through to molecule coalescion, galaxy and planetary formation and eventually life?

Perhaps your church youth group could put together an interpretive dance routine representing the behaviour of Saturn's moon Hyperion, shattered by an ancient collision and falling randomly back together, tugged to and fro by the gravitational pull of Titan, sixteen sister moons, the multi-billionfold moonlets of Saturn’s rings, Saturn’s gravitational field, companion planets, the variability’s of Sol, stars, galaxy, neighbouring galaxies... or possibly not, according to an old saying, there is no beauty in this."
[+] 3 users Like rizzzzzzzzzzzz's post