Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
24-09-2014, 02:15 AM
RE: Great quotes
"Ah, the holy land. That sacred place where people of all faiths have convened to massacre each other in the name of the same god since the year dot."
- Dan Griliopoulos

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Free Thought's post
25-09-2014, 03:46 PM
"Did you know that when someone is murdered the first person the police investigate is the spouse?

That should tell you everything you need to know about marriage."

-Unknown (but it kind of sounds like Dave Barry to me)

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
25-09-2014, 03:55 PM
(21-09-2014 01:18 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  "Glitter never goes away. It's the herpes of craft supplies. "

- Unknown

This is a good one, I HATE GLITTER!!! Hobo if someone sends me one of those greeting cards caked in glitter, I gingerly take a moment to read it, shove it back in the envelope, throw it away, and wash my hands.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
03-10-2014, 05:22 PM
"...[E]xperience witnesseth that ecclesiastical establishments, instead of maintaining the purity and efficacy of Religion, have had a contrary operation. During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More of less in all places, pride and indolence in the Clergy, ignorance and servility in the laity, in both, superstition, bigotry and persecution."

-4th U.S. President, James Madison

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
03-10-2014, 05:53 PM
"Whoa......rock and roll."

-Marty McFly

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
03-10-2014, 06:46 PM
Don't be afraid to fail.

I like that one. :-)

Be true to yourself. Heart
03-10-2014, 06:47 PM
(24-09-2014 02:15 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  "Ah, the holy land. That sacred place where people of all faiths have convened to massacre each other in the name of the same god since the year dot."
- Dan Griliopoulos

lol

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
03-10-2014, 07:15 PM
[Image: ByvUHhrCcAAO0H_.png:large]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 6 users Like Revenant77x's post
03-10-2014, 07:31 PM
(03-10-2014 07:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: ByvUHhrCcAAO0H_.png:large]

He wouldn't have liked Wal-Mart. Confused

[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
05-10-2014, 01:04 PM
I'm feeling inspired...

''I know where all the ''missing'' socks go from the clothes dryer! They end up on message forums.'' ~ me

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like Deidre32's post