Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
08-10-2014, 04:24 PM
RE: Great quotes
[Image: john-waters-quote-we-need-to-make-books-cool-again.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
08-10-2014, 04:26 PM
(08-10-2014 04:24 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  [Image: john-waters-quote-we-need-to-make-books-cool-again.jpg]

(on a date) um....can I see your bookshelf, baby? Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
08-10-2014, 04:43 PM
(08-10-2014 04:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 04:24 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  [Image: john-waters-quote-we-need-to-make-books-cool-again.jpg]

(on a date) um....can I see your bookshelf, baby? Laugh out load

No, no you're going about it all wrong. You gotta tell them that your favorite place to have sex is up against a bookshelf Wink if there isn't one, gives you the perfect opportunity to leave politely until he has read enough books to put on a shelf Yes

Unsure or just ask what books they've read lately while on your date... Yeah that could work too Big Grin Laugh out load

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
08-10-2014, 10:58 PM
(08-10-2014 04:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 04:26 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  (on a date) um....can I see your bookshelf, baby? Laugh out load

No, no you're going about it all wrong. You gotta tell them that your favorite place to have sex is up against a bookshelf Wink if there isn't one, gives you the perfect opportunity to leave politely until he has read enough books to put on a shelf Yes

Unsure or just ask what books they've read lately while on your date... Yeah that could work too Big Grin Laugh out load

No, you see having sex against a bookshelf could damage the books. Just make do with a wall like a normal person.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
09-10-2014, 03:54 AM
(08-10-2014 10:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 04:43 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  No, no you're going about it all wrong. You gotta tell them that your favorite place to have sex is up against a bookshelf Wink if there isn't one, gives you the perfect opportunity to leave politely until he has read enough books to put on a shelf Yes

No, you see having sex against a bookshelf could damage the books.

If you're worried about damaging books during sex, you're not doing it right.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 2 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
09-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Suppose all of his books are about sex...hmmmm? Then what? Huh? Huh?

Laugh out load

09-10-2014, 08:50 AM
(09-10-2014 03:54 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(08-10-2014 10:58 PM)morondog Wrote:  No, you see having sex against a bookshelf could damage the books.

If you're worried about damaging books during sex, you're not doing it right.

QFT

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
09-10-2014, 09:00 AM
(09-10-2014 08:50 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(09-10-2014 03:54 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  If you're worried about damaging books during sex, you're not doing it right.

QFT

Nobody fucks with my books Angry

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
09-10-2014, 09:45 AM
'"Comfort the afflicted. Afflict the comfortable." - Finley Peter Dunne

This quote is in TTA Podcast 186. Neither Seth nor his guest seemed to know the source.

Sapere aude
09-10-2014, 10:22 AM
(09-10-2014 09:45 AM)f stop Wrote:  '"Comfort the afflicted. Afflict the comfortable." - Finley Peter Dunne

This quote is in TTA Podcast 186. Neither Seth nor his guest seemed to know the source.
If I recall correctly, that quote is also uttered by a journalist in the 1960 movie "Inherit the Wind." Smile

Edit: I was right! According to Wikipedia, "a version showed up in a line delivered by Gene Kelly in the 1960 film, Inherit the Wind. Kelly (E.K. Hornbeck) says, 'Mr. Brady, it is the duty of a newspaper to comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.'"

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post