Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
13-10-2014, 11:43 AM
RE: Great quotes
(13-10-2014 07:26 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I think I may need that ^^ one explained. Blush

I took it as a reflection of the value you place on the quality of your life. If you knew you would be someone else after you die, would you be sad or excited?

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post
16-10-2014, 08:07 AM
"Words are symbols which point toward concepts arranged in patterns to communicate meaning" - Mortimer Adler

Once I actually began to understand this quote my concepts of thought and communication were reborn on a higher plane.
[+] 1 user Likes Pointwithinacircle's post
16-10-2014, 01:52 PM
A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage; it does not need a regretful hankering after a past or a fettering of the free intelligence by the words uttered long ago by ignorant men. -- Bertrand Russell
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-10-2014, 10:26 AM
"The optimist says the glass is half full. The pessimist says it's half empty. I say 'It's beer, man. Just slam it.'"

-Unknown

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post
17-10-2014, 03:00 PM
''What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger.''

Be true to yourself. Heart
17-10-2014, 03:01 PM
(16-10-2014 01:52 PM)unfogged Wrote:  A good world needs knowledge, kindliness, and courage; it does not need a regretful hankering after a past or a fettering of the free intelligence by the words uttered long ago by ignorant men. -- Bertrand Russell

I really like this one. Thumbsup

Be true to yourself. Heart
17-10-2014, 03:19 PM
"Any religion or culture that can or wont allow girls or women to make their own life choices deserves nothing but scorn and contempt" Me, Brian37 AKA Brian James Rational Poet

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
18-10-2014, 05:13 AM
Great quotes
"Ignorance might be bliss for the ignorant, but for the rest of us it's a right fucking pain in the arse Smile"

"Some of us have evolved enough to realise we have not evolved enough."

Ricky Gervais
[+] 6 users Like tyrick69's post
18-10-2014, 05:28 PM
"Guard, protect, and cherish your land for there is no afterlife for a place that started out as heaven."
Not sure who said it, it was quoted (with citation) in the movie Remo Williams (awesome hidden gem). I just remember that the year was quoted and the hero scoffed at it as ancient history, though I think the quote come from 19xx.
[+] 1 user Likes OddGamer's post
18-10-2014, 05:31 PM
[Image: c732zh.jpg]

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
[+] 1 user Likes grizzlysnake's post