Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
19-08-2014, 06:53 PM
RE: Great quotes
(19-08-2014 06:51 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I so love that. Thank you. That is so different.

Welcome, I see you're new. Cool

You're welcome!
& I am, thank you Smile

Saints live in flames; wise men, next to them.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2014, 06:58 PM
"If all the Atheists & Agnostics left America, they'd lose 93% of The National Academy of Sciences & less than 1% of the prison population." - Ricky Gervais

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 17 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
19-08-2014, 09:54 PM
(19-08-2014 06:58 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  "If all the Atheists & Agnostics left America, they'd lose 93% of The National Academy of Sciences & less than 1% of the prison population." - Ricky Gervais

Seriously? Lol that's sadly funny Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
20-08-2014, 09:44 AM
(19-08-2014 09:54 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 06:58 PM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  "If all the Atheists & Agnostics left America, they'd lose 93% of The National Academy of Sciences & less than 1% of the prison population." - Ricky Gervais

Seriously? Lol that's sadly funny Laugh out load

It is a fact Smile

97%+ of the NAS are non religious, and .07% of US prison populations are atheist.

Big Grin

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
20-08-2014, 10:20 AM
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others."
- Groucho Marx

“Now, now my good man, this is no time to be making enemies."
(Voltaire on his deathbed in response to a priest asking him that he renounce Satan.)”
- Voltaire
[+] 9 users Like Zippo's post
20-08-2014, 04:12 PM
(19-08-2014 06:45 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 06:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  "You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life." -Albert Camus

what does this mean, do you think? i think i know, but ... Unsure

That quote instantly resonated with me the moment I read it for the first time. I then later realized it could take on several different, but similar meanings.

What do YOU think it means? (Yes, I know that by not answering your question and relaying it back to you, I have just committed a grand sin against internet forum etiquette, and I don't care Tongue)

[Image: giphy.gif]
20-08-2014, 04:21 PM
(19-08-2014 06:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  "You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life." -Albert Camus

That reminds me of one:

"To always want is to never be at peace, even if all you want is peace." - Philhellenes

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
20-08-2014, 04:56 PM
"Brock Lesnar doesn't date women. He goes out to the woods and fucks a bear when he wants to mate"

-Noah Antwiler aka TheSpoonyOne

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-08-2014, 05:18 PM
[Image: imagejpg1_zps7b29e9da.jpg]

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 7 users Like Smercury44's post
20-08-2014, 05:54 PM
I <3 Nietzsche. He thought in ways about life, that no one else did then, or ever has since.

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post