Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
10-03-2015, 06:02 PM
RE: Great quotes
If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything - Peter Marshall

Take the risk of thinking for yourself, much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. -Christopher Hitchens

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Because we are Americans! We don't quite just because were wrong, we just keep doing the wrong thing till it comes out RIGHT~! - Ed Wuncler

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-03-2015, 04:40 AM
As long as you live, you have hope.
11-03-2015, 05:08 PM
Always believe in yourself. Do this and no matter where you are, you will have nothing to fear. - The Baron from The Cat Returns.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 1 user Likes Shadow Fox's post
12-03-2015, 03:37 PM
"There is a saying in the scientific society, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases: 1) people deny it, 2) they say it conflicts with the Bible, 3) they say they've known it all along."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

"I don't know where I'm going, but I'm on my way." - Carl Sagan
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like rezider's post
12-03-2015, 11:33 PM
(12-03-2015 03:37 PM)rezider Wrote:  "There is a saying in the scientific society, that every great scientific truth goes through three phases: 1) people deny it, 2) they say it conflicts with the Bible, 3) they say they've known it all along."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

4. They suddenly realise that it does conflict with the Bible and campaign to fuck up science education everywhere so that their stupid fucking religion doesn't get shown up for the quackery that it is. Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-03-2015, 08:13 AM
"My best advice to you is: Get married. If you find a good wife, you'll be happy. If not, you'll become a philosopher" — Socrates

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 5 users Like The Polyglot Atheist's post
18-03-2015, 12:31 PM
"Gonna party party party till the world turns out OK." -- a cartoon I once saw (the speaker was a spike-haired punk rocker)

Laugh out load
18-03-2015, 12:38 PM
"For in the lack of humor lie all the seeds if evil and destruction. People who see themselves as being worthy of admiration, and who cannot conceive of themselves as ever being a cause for laughter, are far too serious for their own good, and even worse, they generally believe they have a calling to impress the importance of their beliefs on others. God save us all from humorless men, for they are also merciless and implacable." -Jack Whyte, Pg 466, The Eagle

And a classic
"Read, so that you may gain easily what others laboured hard for." -Socrates.
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
21-03-2015, 03:05 AM
“The major religions on the Earth contradict each other left and right. You can't all be correct. And what if all of you are wrong? It's a possibility, you know. You must care about the truth, right? Well, the way to winnow through all the differing contentions is to be skeptical. I'm not any more skeptical about your religious beliefs than I am about every new scientific idea I hear about. But in my line of work, they're called hypotheses, not inspiration and not revelation.”
- Carl Sagan, Contact

[+] 1 user Likes rezider's post
21-03-2015, 03:06 AM
“Their position seems to be that their God is so great he doesn't even have to exist.”
- Carl Sagan, Contact