Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
26-04-2015, 04:18 PM
RE: Great quotes
(26-04-2015 04:15 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(26-04-2015 02:31 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  One can not, for one could think that he knows what is best for the others, yet I would not call it knowledge. It's conjecture, or belief derived from one ideology i.e. Lenin thinking that his ideology would be for the best. What really happen is well known.

It was not about knowledge but rather arrogance that maked him think that he knows better how others should live.
Perhaps "arrogance" means a perception of the self holding knowledge and knowing what is best for others despite what others think is best for them.

It would probably be the case that most world leaders perceive themselves as knowing better than the common person.

I could agree with such reasoning.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-04-2015, 04:38 PM
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" -- Dean Wormer

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
27-04-2015, 02:53 PM
"Manuscript's dont burn" - Mikhail Bulgakov, "The Master and Margarita".

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
27-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Smile RE: Great quotes
"Objection,evasion, joyous mistrust, and love of irony are signs of health;everything absolute belongs to pathology" Nietzsche.
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
28-04-2015, 03:31 PM
"Worry is a futile waste of time that leaves the perpetrator far less capable of resolving the problem at hand"-------P.K. Murchison.
01-05-2015, 10:02 PM
mr woof, i like that one about worry. very true.

Be true to yourself. Heart
02-05-2015, 01:29 AM
Sad RE: Great quotes
"There are good reasons for being obedient, but being unable to be disobedient is not one of the best reasons" R.D. Laing.
02-05-2015, 01:31 AM
“There is a much that a man should not see, should not know, and if he should see it, it is better for him to die.” Varlam Shalamov

Mikhail Bakunin.
03-05-2015, 12:00 AM
Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the eight-color boxes, but what you’re really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I’ve got a few missing. It’s okay though, because I’ve got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the eight-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean, there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation, so when I meet someone who’s an eight-color type I’m like, "hey girl, magenta!" and she’s like, "oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I’m like, "no — I want magenta!" ~John Mayer

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
03-05-2015, 12:02 AM
(03-05-2015 12:00 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the eight-color boxes, but what you’re really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I’ve got a few missing. It’s okay though, because I’ve got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the eight-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean, there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation, so when I meet someone who’s an eight-color type I’m like, "hey girl, magenta!" and she’s like, "oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I’m like, "no — I want magenta!" ~John Mayer

It's not purple, it's violet you plebes! Angry

Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post