Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3.5 Average
03-05-2015, 12:31 AM
RE: Great quotes
(03-05-2015 12:02 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 12:00 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the eight-color boxes, but what you’re really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back. I fancy myself to be a 64-color box, though I’ve got a few missing. It’s okay though, because I’ve got some more vibrant colors like periwinkle at my disposal. I have a bit of a problem though in that I can only meet the eight-color boxes. Does anyone else have that problem? I mean, there are so many different colors of life, of feeling, of articulation, so when I meet someone who’s an eight-color type I’m like, "hey girl, magenta!" and she’s like, "oh, you mean purple!" and she goes off on her purple thing, and I’m like, "no — I want magenta!" ~John Mayer

It's not purple, it's violet you plebes! Angry

Tongue

Maybe John Mayer is my soulmate. I, too, see the world in colors:
[Image: NewCrayonColors.jpeg]
Laugh out load

Personally, I think I'm looking for turquoise.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Nurse's post
03-05-2015, 10:24 AM
(03-05-2015 12:00 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Life is like a box of crayons. Most people are the eight-color boxes, but what you’re really looking for are the 64-color boxes with the sharpeners on the back
Is it sad that I remember "upgrading" my computer so that it had a full 64 color palette? Wink

[Image: fdyq20.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes LostLocke's post
03-05-2015, 03:20 PM
(02-05-2015 01:31 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  “There is a much that a man should not see, should not know, and if he should see it, it is better for him to die.” Varlam Shalamov

Hmmmm...like what do you think? Consider

Be true to yourself. Heart
03-05-2015, 03:41 PM
(03-05-2015 03:20 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(02-05-2015 01:31 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  “There is a much that a man should not see, should not know, and if he should see it, it is better for him to die.” Varlam Shalamov

Hmmmm...like what do you think? Consider

Well, Shalamov lived through hell of GULag and if his Kolyma Tales are to believed he seen and experienced things that no one should be subjected too. He saw the worst that man has to offer, and I think death would be salvation to him, for dead do not remember.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
03-05-2015, 08:46 PM
(03-05-2015 03:41 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 03:20 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Hmmmm...like what do you think? Consider

Well, Shalamov lived through hell of GULag and if his Kolyma Tales are to believed he seen and experienced things that no one should be subjected too. He saw the worst that man has to offer, and I think death would be salvation to him, for dead do not remember.

I see. So he meant it quite literally. I think he is right to an extent. It is hard to believe the atrocities that we see on the news, or even in daily life...and much of it, at the hands of religion.

[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
04-05-2015, 01:03 AM
(03-05-2015 08:46 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 03:41 PM)Szuchow Wrote:  Well, Shalamov lived through hell of GULag and if his Kolyma Tales are to believed he seen and experienced things that no one should be subjected too. He saw the worst that man has to offer, and I think death would be salvation to him, for dead do not remember.

I see. So he meant it quite literally. I think he is right to an extent. It is hard to believe the atrocities that we see on the news, or even in daily life...and much of it, at the hands of religion.

Considering his life experience I think he meant what he say literally, but one can not be sure. Also what we see in daily life or on the news don't really compare with what he and other GULag prisoners were through.

And what would be your interpretation of this quote?

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-05-2015, 05:17 PM
Sad RE: Great quotes
"A purpose tells us that we are far more than just the sum total of our existence because we are called to do something in an existence that far exceeds us"- Craig D Lounsbrogh.
04-05-2015, 05:52 PM
Life's a piece of shit, when you look at it. --- The guy being crucified to the immediate right of Brian of Nazareth.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-05-2015, 08:44 PM
(04-05-2015 01:03 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(03-05-2015 08:46 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I see. So he meant it quite literally. I think he is right to an extent. It is hard to believe the atrocities that we see on the news, or even in daily life...and much of it, at the hands of religion.

Considering his life experience I think he meant what he say literally, but one can not be sure. Also what we see in daily life or on the news don't really compare with what he and other GULag prisoners were through.

And what would be your interpretation of this quote?
That mankind should avoid suffering, even if it means dying as to avoid it.

04-05-2015, 11:32 PM
Rainbow RE: Great quotes
"She believed in nothing, only her scepticism kept her from being an atheist"---Jean Paul Sartre.