Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
12-05-2015, 01:45 AM
RE: Great quotes
Vaclav Havel -"When a truth is not given complete freedom, freedom is not complete".

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
12-05-2015, 10:52 PM
"She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something.”

~Eleanor & Park~ by Rainbow Rowell

I've always loved that quote.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 7 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
13-05-2015, 04:15 AM
"The universe has a much greater imagination than we do, which is why the real story of the universe is far more interesting than any of the fairy tales we have invented to describe it".

Lawrence Krauss.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
15-05-2015, 10:50 PM
(13-05-2015 04:15 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  "The universe has a much greater imagination than we do, which is why the real story of the universe is far more interesting than any of the fairy tales we have invented to describe it".

Lawrence Krauss.

you mean there are no talking snakes in gardens telling mankind how to live in this great big universe? Gasp

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 2 users Like Deidre32's post
16-05-2015, 01:17 AM
(15-05-2015 10:50 PM)Deidre32 Wrote:  
(13-05-2015 04:15 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  "The universe has a much greater imagination than we do, which is why the real story of the universe is far more interesting than any of the fairy tales we have invented to describe it".

Lawrence Krauss.

you mean there are no talking snakes in gardens telling mankind how to live in this great big universe? Gasp

I'm afraid that's the case. Though fact that snakes don't talk might have been a clue Wink

Mikhail Bakunin.
16-05-2015, 01:18 AM
"To insult someone we call him 'bestial. For deliberate cruelty and nature, 'human' might be the greater insult".

Isaac Asimov.

Mikhail Bakunin.
17-05-2015, 06:33 PM
[Image: quotes-about-true-love-UNwj.jpg]

So, I'm in love. I've been seeing a guy for a little while now...and yep, it's gone over the like mode into love. If I start posting too many love quotes, feel free to ban me. Laugh out load

Be true to yourself. Heart
[+] 4 users Like Deidre32's post
18-05-2015, 01:46 AM
"Freedom is the truth of necessity".

Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.

Mikhail Bakunin.
19-05-2015, 01:27 AM
"The only absolute truth is that there are NO ABSOLUTE TRUTHS" Paul Feyerabend
19-05-2015, 04:50 AM
"The strongest argument against totalitarianism may be a recognition of a universal human nature; that all humans have innate desires for life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. The doctrine of the blank slate... is a totalitarian's dream".

Steven Pinker.

Mikhail Bakunin.