Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
26-05-2015, 03:23 PM
RE: Great quotes
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like onlinebiker's post
26-05-2015, 06:49 PM
"Seize now the moment that is nor trust some later date"--------Horace.
27-05-2015, 03:07 AM
"If a niggas gonna say some shit, but then that nigga gonna go do some opposite shit, then that nigga aint worth your motherfucking time, nigga."
- Ben Potter

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
27-05-2015, 03:53 AM
“The history of humanity is the history of human freedom...Freedom is not, as Engels thought, "the recognition of necessity." Freedom is the opposite of necessity. Freedom is necessity overcome. Progress is, in essence, the progress of human freedom. Yes, and after all, life itself is freedom. The evolution of life is the evolution of freedom.”

Vasily Grossman.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
27-05-2015, 03:27 PM
'Convictions are more dangerous foes to truth than lies'----Nietzsche
[+] 4 users Like Mr Woof's post
27-05-2015, 03:51 PM
[Image: 9636DAD5-240F-46F2-9C16-AAA4AE6658AD_zpskkzsrz1h.jpg]

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 8 users Like Nurse's post
27-05-2015, 11:36 PM
The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.

Mikhail Bakunin.
28-05-2015, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 28-05-2015 09:03 AM by Nurse.)
Some inspirational Audrey Hepburn quotes:

I love people who make me laugh. I honestly think it’s the thing I like most, to laugh. It cures a multitude of ills. It’s probably the most important thing in a person.

Makeup can only make you look pretty on the outside but it doesn't help if you're ugly on the inside. Unless you eat the makeup. Laugh out load

Not to live for the day, that would be materialistic -- but to treasure the day. I realize that most of us live on the skin -- on the surface -- without appreciating just how wonderful it is simply to be alive at all.

People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed; never throw out anyone.

Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, it's at the end of your arm, as you get older, remember you have another hand: The first is to help yourself, the second is to help others.

Your heart just breaks, that's all. But you can't judge or point fingers. You just have to be lucky enough to find someone who appreciates you.

And my absolute favorite:
For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
29-05-2015, 01:16 PM
The difference between treason and patriotism is only a matter of dates.

Alexandre Dumas.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
29-05-2015, 01:50 PM
"If you liked it then you should've put an egg on it."

I think that's from a song but either way, they're definitely words to live by. Mmmm....

[Image: 54493412.jpg]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson