RE: Great quotes
[Image: everyday.jpg]

Be true to yourself. Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Deidre32's post
24-08-2015, 11:36 AM
That was a time when only the dead could smile, delivered from their wars, and the sign, the soul, of Leningrad dangled outside its prison-house...

Anna Akhmatova.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
24-08-2015, 11:38 AM
(24-08-2015 11:36 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  That was a time when only the dead could smile, delivered from their wars, and the sign, the soul, of Leningrad dangled outside its prison-house...

Anna Akhmatova.

Russian authors are so depressing.

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
24-08-2015, 11:41 AM
(24-08-2015 11:38 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 11:36 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  That was a time when only the dead could smile, delivered from their wars, and the sign, the soul, of Leningrad dangled outside its prison-house...

Anna Akhmatova.

Russian authors are so depressing.

They have their reasons. Akhmatova certainly had them. Though living in USSR was reason enough to be depressed.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
24-08-2015, 07:31 PM
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!

- Hunter S. Thompson Smokin

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Octapulse's post
24-08-2015, 07:48 PM
A few from Chuck Palahniuk

“You have a choice. Live or die. Every breath is a choice. Every minute is a choice. To be or not to be.”

"People don't want their lives fixed. Nobody wants their problems solved. Their dramas. Their distractions. Their stories resolved. Their messes cleaned up. Because what would they have left? Just the big scary unknown."

"You’re that tree falling in the forest that nobody gives a rat’s ass about."

"There are only patterns, patterns on top of patterns, patterns that affect other patterns. Patterns hidden by patterns. Patterns within patterns. If you watch close, history does nothing but repeat itself. What we call chaos is just patterns we haven’t recognized. What we call random is just patterns we can’t decipher. What we can’t understand we call nonsense. What we can’t read we call gibberish. There is no free will. There are no variables. The bad news is we don’t have any control. The good news is you can’t make any mistakes."

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
26-08-2015, 06:34 AM
There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion.

Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Lord Acton.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 3 users Like Szuchow's post
26-08-2015, 07:25 AM
"Roses are red
Violets are blue
Vodka costs less
Than dinner for two"

-Unknown

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 3 users Like Can_of_Beans's post
26-08-2015, 07:31 AM
(26-08-2015 07:25 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  "Roses are red
Violets are blue
Vodka costs less
Than dinner for two"

-Unknown

Depends on the vodka. I won't drink Absolute or anything cheaper or I'll be praying to the porcelain throne.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
26-08-2015, 07:34 AM
(26-08-2015 07:31 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(26-08-2015 07:25 AM)Can_of_Beans Wrote:  "Roses are red
Violets are blue
Vodka costs less
Than dinner for two"

-Unknown

Depends on the vodka. I won't drink Absolute or anything cheaper or I'll be praying to the porcelain throne.

I usually go with Tito's. Thumbsup

[Image: titos_handmade_vodka2-640x853.jpg]

-Rowan Atkinson
[+] 1 user Likes Can_of_Beans's post