Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
13-10-2015, 08:43 PM
RE: Great quotes
Even though we find a defective branch or leaf upon this tree of humanity or an imperfect blossom, it, nevertheless, belongs to this tree and not to another. Therefore, it is our duty to protect and cultivate this tree until it reached perfection. If we examine its fruit and find it imperfect, we must strive to make it perfect. There are souls in the human world who are ignorant; we must make them knowing. Some growing upon the tree are weak and ailing; we must assist them toward health and recovery. If they are as infants in development, we must minister to them until they attain maturity. We should never detest and shun them as objectionable and unworthy. We must treat them with honor, respect and kindness; for God has created them... In brief, all humanity must be looked upon with love, kindness and respect; for what we behold in them are none other than the signs and traces of God Himself. All are evidences of God...

Abdu’l-Baha (Promulgation of Universal Peace)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes popsthebuilder's post
13-10-2015, 09:31 PM
The more complete version of my signature:

"Haven't you got any romance in your soul?" asked Magrat plaintively.
"No," said Granny. "I ain't. And stars don't care what you wish, and magic don't make things better, and no one doesn't get burnt who sticks their hand in a fire. If you want to amount to anything as a witch, Magrat Garlick, you got to learn three things: what's real, what's not real, and what's the difference."

- Terry Pratchett, Witches Abroad

Esmerelda Weatherwax, more commonly known as Granny. The greatest witch who ever lived, and hands-down my favorite character from any work of fiction, ever. She is quite possibly the greatest heroine ever written.

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 2 users Like Unbeliever's post
13-10-2015, 09:36 PM
"When I killed Napoleon with my laser rifle during world war one I ended the thrid world war!"

Homeless man I saw ranting at the Hamburg train station.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
[+] 2 users Like The Germans are coming's post
15-10-2015, 07:48 AM
"Ninety percent of most magic merely consists of knowing one extra fact."
- Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

"Owl," said Rabbit shortly, "you and I have brains. The others have fluff. If there is any thinking to be done in this Forest - and when I say thinking I mean thinking - you and I must do it."
- A. A. Milne, The House at Pooh Corner
[+] 1 user Likes Unbeliever's post
15-10-2015, 08:07 AM
(13-10-2015 09:36 PM)The Germans are coming Wrote:  "When I killed Napoleon with my laser rifle during world war one I ended the thrid world war!"

Homeless man I saw ranting at the Hamburg train station.

“One of the major problems encountered in time travel is not that of becoming your own father or mother. There is no problem in becoming your own father or mother that a broad-minded and well-adjusted family can't cope with. There is no problem with changing the course of history—the course of history does not change because it all fits together like a jigsaw. All the important changes have happened before the things they were supposed to change and it all sorts itself out in the end.

The major problem is simply one of grammar, and the main work to consult in this matter is Dr. Dan Streetmentioner's Time Traveler's Handbook of 1001 Tense Formations. It will tell you, for instance, how to describe something that was about to happen to you in the past before you avoided it by time-jumping forward two days in order to avoid it. The event will be descibed differently according to whether you are talking about it from the standpoint of your own natural time, from a time in the further future, or a time in the further past and is futher complicated by the possibility of conducting conversations while you are actually traveling from one time to another with the intention of becoming your own mother or father.

Most readers get as far as the Future Semiconditionally Modified Subinverted Plagal Past Subjunctive Intentional before giving up; and in fact in later aditions of the book all pages beyond this point have been left blank to save on printing costs.

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy skips lightly over this tangle of academic abstraction, pausing only to note that the term "Future Perfect" has been abandoned since it was discovered not to be.”

― Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
15-10-2015, 08:10 AM
[Image: 8466c2f674082af12ce092db290fcea5.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
15-10-2015, 08:14 AM
[Image: kerouac-quote.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 4 users Like jennybee's post
15-10-2015, 08:15 AM
[Image: weatherquote.jpg]

[+] 5 users Like jennybee's post
15-10-2015, 08:16 AM
[Image: d64d12ccc5354f219885a99c6b2c0a20.jpg]

15-10-2015, 08:22 AM
(15-10-2015 08:15 AM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: weatherquote.jpg]

Bull, come to north east Ohio and I'll show you what bad weather looks like. Tongue

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 2 users Like itsnotmeitsyou's post