Great quotes

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Votes - 3.71 Average
18-03-2016, 07:20 AM
RE: Great quotes
[Image: jalal-ad-din-rumi-quotes-deep-sayings-thirst.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-03-2016, 07:21 AM
[Image: Give-me-passion-Rumi-quote.jpg]

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
18-03-2016, 07:23 AM
You only have power over people so long as you don't take everything away from them. But when you've robbed a man of everything, he's no longer in your power - he's free again.

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
18-03-2016, 07:23 AM
Me- "Any religion that cant or wont allow girls/women to make their own life choices deserves nothing but scorn and contempt."

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Brian37's post
18-03-2016, 07:26 AM
[Image: f8f7fd909b10134e60b6a79dd1719f2b.jpg]

18-03-2016, 07:52 AM
(18-03-2016 07:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  [Image: f8f7fd909b10134e60b6a79dd1719f2b.jpg]

Sounds like Trump's been reading Rumi Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
19-03-2016, 12:24 PM
Concerning SCOTUS nominee Merrick Garland.

“Some Republicans will keep saying “let the people decide,” but if there’s one thing we’ve learned this election year, it’s that “the people” are terrifying.” - Trevor Burns, TIME magazine

http://time.com/4261489/merrick-garland-...t-nominee/

Yes

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
25-03-2016, 01:27 PM
[Image: caI_iDFMIQSOrVtnnrAqg8t_3I6qhAFnAcSje1lL...ze=178x178]

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
27-03-2016, 08:26 PM
I dearly love the state of Texas, but I consider that a harmless perversion on my part, and discuss it only with consenting adults. ~ Molly Ivins

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
27-03-2016, 08:42 PM
"There's a one-in-six-billion chance that you'll find your soulmate. And that's if they're not dead. "
- Christopher Titus

pascal wager in a nut shell

god essentially wants a army of cowardly slaves who love it out of a selfish desire not to be punished and avoid said punishment by ideological luck