Great songs...got jebus in 'em...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 06:21 PM
RE: Great songs...got jebus in 'em...
There are songs I like that mention Jesus/God/angels but they aren't preachy and it's what the lyricist was thinking at the time of the writing. Doesn't get me jacked up or reduce my enjoyment of the song.

A favorite song has a refrain that says - 'I know that god exists, I held her in my arms'. The writer is talking about his daughter - not god. I am okay with that kind of thing.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
20-05-2014, 06:26 PM
(20-05-2014 06:21 PM)Anjele Wrote:  There are songs I like that mention Jesus/God/angels but they aren't preachy and it's what the lyricist was thinking at the time of the writing. Doesn't get me jacked up or reduce my enjoyment of the song.

A favorite song has a refrain that says - 'I know that god exists, I held her in my arms'. The writer is talking about his daughter - not god. I am okay with that kind of thing.

What you said kinda goes with several posts...you are the wise.
20-05-2014, 06:26 PM
I don't give a flying fuck if it is a song all about jesus, if the metal is heavy I am listening to it. \m/>.<\m/

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 2 users Like Metazoa Zeke's post
20-05-2014, 06:54 PM
(20-05-2014 06:26 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  I don't give a flying fuck if it is a song all about jesus, if the metal is heavy I am listening to it. \m/>.<\m/

You so totally rock Crush!!!! Right on!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
20-05-2014, 07:00 PM
You people are hopeless. Ain't got none of the classics.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
20-05-2014, 07:26 PM
Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)

by The The

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson
20-05-2014, 07:29 PM
Religion is a nasty trigger for me now. I'm not sure if anyone understands this?!

There were songs that I use to enjoy, that I just cannot listen to anymore.
I hate all the religious christmas songs now! They make my ears bleed. Shocking

Fire & Rain - James Taylor, Hands - Jewels, Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode, Losing My Religion - R.E.M.

....are a few that come to mind first, but I know there's more. I'm not sure why I'm so ridiculously hypersensitive about this now? Bangin

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
[+] 2 users Like CindysRain's post
20-05-2014, 07:31 PM
(20-05-2014 07:29 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Religion is a nasty trigger for me now. I'm not sure if anyone understands this?!

There were songs that I use to enjoy, that I just cannot listen to anymore.
I hate all the religious christmas songs now! They make my ears bleed. Shocking

Fire & Rain - James Taylor, Hands - Jewels, Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode, Losing My Religion - R.E.M.

....are a few that come to mind first, but I know there's more. I'm not sure why I'm so ridiculously hypersensitive about this now? Bangin

The one that sent me screaming was "Jesus Take the Wheel". Not only because I am not a huge country fan but the lyrics were cringe-worthy at best.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
20-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Oh...and to clarify...Losing My Religion is misunderstood...that's a southern saying for losing your temper.

See quote - In the song, Michael Stipe sings the lines "That's me in the corner/That's me in the spotlight/Losing my religion". The phrase "losing my religion" is an expression from the southern region of the United States that means losing one's temper or civility, or "being at the end of one's rope."

20-05-2014, 07:38 PM
(20-05-2014 07:29 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  I hate all the religious christmas songs now! They make my ears bleed. Shocking

ALL Christmas songs make my ears bleed. Especially that fucking Beetles song "Chriiiiiistmas...tiiiiiime...is...heeeeeere...again..." (repeat ad nauseam) Angry

"I feel as though the camera is almost a kind of voyeur in Mr. Beans life, and you just watch this bizarre man going about his life in the way that he wants to."

-Rowan Atkinson