Great songs...got jebus in 'em...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-05-2014, 07:48 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 07:53 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Great songs...got jebus in 'em...
(20-05-2014 07:29 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Religion is a nasty trigger for me now. I'm not sure if anyone understands this?!

There were songs that I use to enjoy, that I just cannot listen to anymore.
I hate all the religious christmas songs now! They make my ears bleed. Shocking
I'm not sure why I'm so ridiculously hypersensitive about this now? Bangin

Dunno why either? They entertain me. Like "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and shit. When you no longer feel this way grasshopper, the scab has healed. No point picking at a scar. There's some seriously good Gospel music worth listening to.

(20-05-2014 07:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The one that sent me screaming was "Jesus Take the Wheel". Not only because I am not a huge country fan but the lyrics were cringe-worthy at best.

But I like that one. It's very nihilistic. I'd call it "Physics Take the Wheel" 'cause letting go of the steering wheel and taking your foot off both the brake and gas and letting physics take over is probably what saved your sorry ass and your little baby from the dingos.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-05-2014, 07:53 PM
(20-05-2014 07:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Oh...and to clarify...Losing My Religion is misunderstood...that's a southern saying for losing your temper.

See quote - In the song, Michael Stipe sings the lines "That's me in the corner/That's me in the spotlight/Losing my religion". The phrase "losing my religion" is an expression from the southern region of the United States that means losing one's temper or civility, or "being at the end of one's rope."
20-05-2014, 07:58 PM
(20-05-2014 07:48 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Dunno why either? They entertain me. Like "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" and shit. When you no longer feel this way grasshopper, the scab has healed. No point picking at a scar. There's some seriously good Gospel music worth listening to.

(20-05-2014 07:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The one that sent me screaming was "Jesus Take the Wheel". Not only because I am not a huge country fan but the lyrics were cringe-worthy at best.

But I like that one. It's very nihilistic. I'd call it "Physics Take the Wheel" 'cause letting go of the steering wheel and taking your foot off both the brake and gas and letting physics take over is probably what saved your sorry ass and your little baby from the dingos.

You're a mean one Mister Grinch...best holiday song ever.

As for the other one...I see it more like "Oh FFS, I give up."

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-05-2014, 08:09 PM
(20-05-2014 07:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 07:29 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Religion is a nasty trigger for me now. I'm not sure if anyone understands this?!

There were songs that I use to enjoy, that I just cannot listen to anymore.
I hate all the religious christmas songs now! They make my ears bleed. Shocking

Fire & Rain - James Taylor, Hands - Jewels, Personal Jesus - Depeche Mode, Losing My Religion - R.E.M.

....are a few that come to mind first, but I know there's more. I'm not sure why I'm so ridiculously hypersensitive about this now? Bangin

The one that sent me screaming was "Jesus Take the Wheel". Not only because I am not a huge country fan but the lyrics were cringe-worthy at best.

Ugh, forgot about jesus grabbing the wheel song, yuk! Not a country fan either - then you mix in some god stuff with it.......disaster! Rolleyes

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
20-05-2014, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 20-05-2014 08:19 PM by GirlyMan.)
(20-05-2014 07:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As for the other one...I see it more like "Oh FFS, I give up."

Ah, the passive Schopenhauer pussy interpretation of nihilism. I prefer Nietzsche's active nihilism better, "Oh FFS. You're taking too long. Just give me the goddam shovel and I'll dig through this fucking muck myself."

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
20-05-2014, 08:58 PM
(20-05-2014 08:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 07:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As for the other one...I see it more like "Oh FFS, I give up."

Ah, the passive Schopenhauer pussy interpretation of nihilism. I prefer Nietzsche's active nihilism better, "Oh FFS. You're taking too long. Just give me the goddam shovel and I'll dig through this fucking muck myself."

I was asking about a band or bands that use jebus.
20-05-2014, 09:11 PM
(20-05-2014 08:58 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 08:10 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ah, the passive Schopenhauer pussy interpretation of nihilism. I prefer Nietzsche's active nihilism better, "Oh FFS. You're taking too long. Just give me the goddam shovel and I'll dig through this fucking muck myself."

I was asking about a band or bands that use jebus.

Yeah, so?

[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
21-05-2014, 02:02 AM
(20-05-2014 09:11 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(20-05-2014 08:58 PM)pablo628 Wrote:  I was asking about a band or bands that use jebus.

Yeah, so?

Yeah, so, how bout you take your superiority bend the fuck over and jamb it up your ass until its at the same depth as your head.
\Big Grin
21-05-2014, 02:57 AM
The Toadies
Rubber Neck (1994)
"Backslider"

Bended knee
Nine years old
Waitin' for...
Just one word!

I was thinkin' of all the things
My daddy told me of
Sin and salvation and
Manhood and dignity...

All that time
In the dark
Just one word...
Backslider!

I remember the day I stepped
Into the water
My daddy held me in his hands
And pushed my head under
And said...

Son I am
So proud.
Just one word...
Backslider!

Well I opened my eyes
And my daddy held me in his hands
I looked up through the water
And thought I saw Jesus, and then...

Well I threw up my hands!
And I heard, Amen!
And I prayed, sweet Jesus
Don't let me become a backslider!

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
21-05-2014, 03:00 AM
What is that song that says, drugs or Jesus everybody just wants to get high?

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.