Great swiming legend...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2012, 12:39 AM
Great swiming legend...
Unfortunately, yesterday, in his 71. year of life one of the worlds greatest swimers have abandoned us.

[Image: 327.jpg]

His name is Veljko Rogosic.

He attended 203 competitions for national team and he set up a new national record 51 time in 1500m and 400m free style, 400m and 200m mixed style, 200m dolphin style without relay.

He was a state champion 142 times, captain of the national team for 15 years.

He was on 2 Olympics, 1960 in Rome and 1964 in Tokyo and also 3 times on Mediterranean games. He did not have a coach at that time, he could do much more if he actually had someone to train him.

He was a world champion 1971, many times he was selected for the best swimmer of the year, Olympic committee awarded him with the highest Olympic recognition for his successes 3 times.

He won swimming marathons 4 times in a row (1969-1973) in Ricconeu, world champion in 1971 (Capri-Napoli) and that year he was declared the best marathon swimmer of the word, he did the same results in 1972 and 1973. In 1974 he won the world champion title for the forth time and this time he broke the world record for the unbelievable 27 minutes.

In 1992 he was awarded a charter for the biggest sports achievement "Swimming Hall Of Fame" in American Fort Laurderdaleu, Florida, swimming House of Fame.

In 2004. he swam across the La Manche, between England and France. He was 63 at that time and he was the first Croatian swimmer that did it.

For that, he was awarded CSPF (Channel Swimming Piloting Federation) award.

On the day of his 67th birthday he swam from Europe to Africa, (Sicily, Italy-horn Bon, Tunisia). It took him 50 hours and 26 minutes.

He loved to finish his races with the dolphin style.

[Image: rogosic2304.jpg]

[Image: 6789~0.jpg]

R.I.P. legend...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2012, 12:45 AM
Great swiming legend...
Amazing that someone with his accomplishments and in-shape body yet died at a relatively young age. Sad

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
08-08-2012, 03:40 AM
RE: Great swiming legend...
(08-08-2012 12:45 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Amazing that someone with his accomplishments and in-shape body yet died at a relatively young age. Sad

Yeah, right? I was surprised as well. The only thing that the article said is that he died of a long and hard illness. I presume it was some kind of cancer. But when you look at his achievements at 60+ years, it is absolutely unthinkable that he could die. I thought this guy will live at least a 100 years. This just shows how much we have to be careful...

I just heard today that Michael Clarke Duncan (huge black dude from Green Mile) had a heart attack. I was like WTF? That mountain of a man could have a heart attack? I thought he could move this planet and not break a sweat...

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
08-08-2012, 07:42 AM
We have our miracle drug to make us live longer. Smokin

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
08-08-2012, 09:18 AM
(08-08-2012 07:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  We have our miracle drug to make us live longer. Smokin

No, it just seems longer.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
08-08-2012, 09:48 AM
Great swiming legend...
(08-08-2012 09:18 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(08-08-2012 07:42 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  We have our miracle drug to make us live longer. Smokin

No, it just seems longer.

You make a good argument.

~Izel
08-08-2012, 09:54 AM
[Image: 6789~0.jpg]

Darn. I hate losing the cute ones. Undecided

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post