Great victory of the True Atheism: 150 Evolutionary Papers are in trash!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-10-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: Great victory of the True Atheism: 150 Evolutionary Papers are in trash!
(25-10-2016 01:16 PM)theBorg Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 12:36 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I did not rephrase it at all. I merely quoted it. It looked stupid all on its own.

There was nothing to debunk as it was a tired argument that has already been debunked many times. Mockery is all it deserves now.

It is the established law of reality: a building has the builder, the paper has author, a wedding dress has the designer. So, anything, even the Nature itself has the Creator. Capisce?

There's a difference between a building and nature but you're too willfully ignorant and lazy to think things through. We have evidence that a builder has designed a building. We can access the blueprints or other records and trace with accuracy to who built a skyscraper or who designed a wedding dress. There is no evidence what so ever that anyone designed leprosy or the zika virus or that it's anything other than the natural shifting of tectonic plates that causes earthquakes to happen.

You're an idiot.

Beat_stick

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
25-10-2016, 01:55 PM
(25-10-2016 01:16 PM)theBorg Wrote:  It is the established law of reality: a building has the builder, the paper has author, a wedding dress has the designer. So, anything, even the Nature itself has the Creator. Capisce?

Fucking "capisce" indeed LOL. To still be quoting this tired old apologist dictum indicates to me that you have very little capacity for any original thinking. Other than quoting everybody else whose mindfarts survived history, you have nothing worthwhile to add to any of these debates.

Might be time to go back to the playground with the other kids?

[Image: 4244993.jpg]

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
25-10-2016, 02:09 PM
Borg if you really are a physicist then this kind of drivel would drive you crazy. I conclude that either you're lying or you're a poser who writes complicated sounding papers and publishes in obscure shitty journals. I have come across such people before. They're invariably full of themselves and stupid as fuck.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
25-10-2016, 02:15 PM
Clicking on a Borg thread is sort of like stomping on the paper bag burning on your doorstep....

You know it's full of shit -- but, damned if you can stop yourself from doing it.....................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 12 users Like onlinebiker's post
25-10-2016, 02:45 PM
(25-10-2016 11:16 AM)theBorg Wrote:  
(25-10-2016 10:13 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  ...........
It's about correcting a regression model and the papers that were based upon that model. ......

And all these 150 Research papers in the top elite evolution journals are going into trash. Just because of a single brave paper. Correct? Laugh out load Can you show some historic analogue in the Creation Journals? Laugh out load

Borg, why is it so hard for you to understand that what you're saying didn't happen? Your entire analysis/grasp of this article is skewed.

They had a model for estimating the biodiversity in a region/time based on the amount of rock in the area (a way of taking a small sample like a small group of fossils found and trying to estimate the biodiversity of the region), and someone came along and said, "No, that's not a good way to estimate it."

None of that was bringing evolution into question. None. Zero. SO WHY DID YOU THINK IT DID?

It was a method of guesstimating how many species were in a region, based on a smaller sample, and the Scientific Method worked to correct it when the method of estimating was found to not fit the data. That's what science does. This is what happens when science works, and your failure to grasp this tells us you have never worked in science, ever.

When will you start realizing that the people who are pointing you toward these articles (the Creationists who guide you) are lying to you?

Lying for Jesus™ is still lying.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 7 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Oh, and "150 evolutionary papers in the trash" is called "Tuesday".

Seriously, that's not even a week's worth of publication in any sub-field, let alone all of biology. And many papers do exactly that: trash another paper that didn't hold its weight, methodologically, and/or was unverifiable in Peer Review.

That's literally what science is, how it works, what it does. That's the most important step in the Scientific Method.

It's amazing to me that you can fail to understand what science is, at this level. It's MIND-BLOWING to me that you can even think that this is some coup for Creationism.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 8 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
25-10-2016, 02:52 PM
I like the way this thread is evolving. Evil_monster
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Gawdzilla's post
25-10-2016, 03:07 PM
(25-10-2016 12:30 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I don't give out negative reps very often. The whole time I've been here I've given out 2 negatives. One was for Call of the Wild and another was for Q. Congratulations, you're number 3.
He was my second. So propping this post.

(25-10-2016 02:45 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  When will you start realizing that the people who are pointing you toward these articles (the Creationists who guide you) are lying to you?

Lying for Jesus™ is still lying.

Amen. (If you'll pardon the expression; despite the Borg's claims in the opening post, I am not an atheist, after all.) This is why I hate when people say things like "Well just show people the good first", or "milk before meat", or "flirt to convert".

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
25-10-2016, 04:18 PM
(25-10-2016 08:36 AM)theBorg Wrote:  It is the established law of reality: a building has the builder, the paper has author, a wedding dress has the designer. So, anything, even the Nature itself has the Creator. Capisce?

Then your manifestly flawed existence is the finest possible argument against a sane or loving deity.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
25-10-2016, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 25-10-2016 05:01 PM by Astreja.)
(25-10-2016 01:16 PM)theBorg Wrote:  It is the established law of reality: a building has the builder, the paper has author, a wedding dress has the designer. So, anything, even the Nature itself has the Creator. Capisce?

(25-10-2016 01:23 PM)Deesse23 Wrote:  ...and the creator has a creator. Got it! Thumbsup

At this juncture I would like to state unequivocally that I did not create theBorg's god. I do *quality* work. Cool
[+] 6 users Like Astreja's post