Greatest burger

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-08-2016, 04:11 PM
Star Greatest burger
The greatest burger I ever had, I made myself when I worked at a pizza place. This placed served muffulettas. I took the muff, discarded the salami and ham, set bun aside. Took some burger meat from the makeup board, seasoned it, put it through the oven once, then another halfway through the oven along with the bun. The bun was buttery on top with garlic salt. Mustard on bottom with provolone cheese. Put it all together with lettuce from the salad bar. It was one of the closest things to divinity that I've ever eaten.

How about you?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2016, 04:31 PM
RE: Greatest burger
I worked at a burger place when I was in high school, they had a variety of great burgers. They started out in 1932 and they're still open, so they must be doing something right.
It was still family owned when I worked there, but has since been sold so I don't know how good they are now.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
14-08-2016, 08:09 PM
A joint one island north of me called the Overseas Kitchen owned by an Eastern European family makes the best burger I've ever had.

They grind their own meat and bake their own bread, grilled onion and mushrooms, Swiss cheese and a side of log fries.

Now I'm hungry again. Dodgy

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
14-08-2016, 08:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that if I had the gumption and wherewithal to do it that I would make the best burger ever. I have the technology, I know what would be awesome, I just haven't done it yet.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
14-08-2016, 08:44 PM
Not sure, but I imagine if I felt so inclined it would involve ground venison, a fried egg, mushrooms, bacon, bleu cheese, and A1 sauce.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
14-08-2016, 11:54 PM
A small chain called the Habit in SoCal. Everything's fresh, the patties are hand-patted for each burger, and they're grilled over wood.

As an added bonus, they have fantastic onion rings.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
15-08-2016, 05:21 AM
(14-08-2016 11:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A small chain called the Habit in SoCal. Everything's fresh, the patties are hand-patted for each burger, and they're grilled over wood.

Sorry, have to disagree with that one... I haven't tried their onion rings but they had absolutely the worst burger I ever tasted. They used the cheapest grade of beef they could, overcooked the patty, and the buns were stale. They also dice the onions and lettuce on the burger so there is no "crunch" when you bite into it and that takes away from the experience. They made McDonalds look good.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
15-08-2016, 05:54 AM
Fur.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
15-08-2016, 11:17 AM
(15-08-2016 05:21 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-08-2016 11:54 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  A small chain called the Habit in SoCal. Everything's fresh, the patties are hand-patted for each burger, and they're grilled over wood.

Sorry, have to disagree with that one... I haven't tried their onion rings but they had absolutely the worst burger I ever tasted. They used the cheapest grade of beef they could, overcooked the patty, and the buns were stale. They also dice the onions and lettuce on the burger so there is no "crunch" when you bite into it and that takes away from the experience. They made McDonalds look good.

The one in Ventura, I could order my burger cooked the way I wanted. And I never got a stale bun from them.

Not sure how you come about knowing what grade of beef they use, but generally speaking, you can assess it from shrinkage on cooking -- the more it shrinks, the lower the quality. They certainly didn't have that problem in the Ventura store.

I would prefer my lettuce and onions intact.

Sounds like you had a shitty experience.
15-08-2016, 12:03 PM
(15-08-2016 11:17 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 05:21 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Sorry, have to disagree with that one... I haven't tried their onion rings but they had absolutely the worst burger I ever tasted. They used the cheapest grade of beef they could, overcooked the patty, and the buns were stale. They also dice the onions and lettuce on the burger so there is no "crunch" when you bite into it and that takes away from the experience. They made McDonalds look good.

The one in Ventura, I could order my burger cooked the way I wanted. And I never got a stale bun from them.

Not sure how you come about knowing what grade of beef they use, but generally speaking, you can assess it from shrinkage on cooking -- the more it shrinks, the lower the quality. They certainly didn't have that problem in the Ventura store.

I would prefer my lettuce and onions intact.

Sounds like you had a shitty experience.

To say the least. I had a coupon for a free burger to try it and I gave away the second coupon I had because it was so bad.

The grade of beef I judged by the taste, texture, and color. If it wasn't a cheap grade then they REALLY overcooked it.

This was down in Orange County so maybe it was the specific location but they sure set a bad example.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post