• 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-08-2016, 12:04 PM
RE: Greatest burger
Five Guys.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2016, 12:10 PM
Because I am trying to cook in a manner that produces fewer leftovers I decided to try Bubba Burgers so that I can cook only the number of burgers we need instead of using up a bulk package. I buy the original which is 100% chuck.

We were pleasantly surprised by the quality of meat and the flavor. We spice them how we like and top them as we like and are quite pleased with the results.

My husband tends to want lettuce, tomato, onion, cheddar cheese, and condiments on his. I go more for simple cheese and ketchup...maybe some Worcestershire sauce. If there is bacon left over from a breakfast meal that goes on too.

The cost is about $2.00 per patty and we no longer have any wasted burgers.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-08-2016, 12:21 PM
(15-08-2016 12:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If there is bacon left over from a breakfast meal...

See, now I don't believe you. There is never bacon left over from a breakfast meal.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
15-08-2016, 12:24 PM
(15-08-2016 12:21 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(15-08-2016 12:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  If there is bacon left over from a breakfast meal...

See, now I don't believe you. There is never bacon left over from a breakfast meal.

Big Grin

I still cook a whole package but since there are only two of us here now there's often enough left for a tasty bacon cheeseburger.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
15-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Grilled lean (15% fat) beef patty, with green leaf lettuce, beefsteak tomato and a slab of grilled red onion on a fresh bun. By the time you pay for all that, you might as well have gone to the local fast food joint. Not. I only made them when my wife wasn't home after she got in on it. She likes razor-thin tomatoes and onions, and doesn't like it when only the tops of the leaves get used for lunch. Though we never had a problem with food spoiling in our house when we had 3 teenagers. They'd eat the rest of the lettuce anytime. I haven't grilled burgers in quite awhile, though. I have to watch my saturated fats, so if I'm going to eat red meat 2 or 3 times a month, it's gonna be steak. Loves me a T-bone!
15-08-2016, 02:30 PM
I talked to a chef once who told me to put a pat of butter inside the hamburger patty before cooking. It gives it extra flavor and juicyness but make sure you don't press the burger in the pan with a spatula because it squeezes all the butter out. I tried it a couple of times and it really was good.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.