Green Lantern is Gay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Green Lantern is Gay!
Comic book section you say? Sort of, but the real reason for this post is to show you just how idiotic religious zealots can be. Check the comment section out and keep in mind that this was an article about a comic book hero coming out of the closet.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/dc...#f14ac0b7e

The keen eye will discover my true identity there because I couldn't resist commenting. Just keep it to yourself please Tongue

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
01-06-2012, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 01-06-2012 10:42 AM by Filox.)
RE: Green Lantern is Gay!
OK, this, is completely retarded! I agree 100% (almost) with the first comment:

Quote:Absolutely ridiculous. The fascination and bowing down to the homosexual crowd has got to stop! It is a detriment to a society and will ultimately cause it to crumble. I hope this is an epic failure and DC Comics does the right thing by writing this character off.

What next, Superman gay, Batman was born a woman but he changed sex?

RETARDED!! This is not against gay population, but do you really need to take away all the original stories we grew up with and change them? Why the fuck do we need any kind of romantics in the superhero comic books? We want action, with powers, flashy powers, not gay action and romantic powers. Fuck this shit, call me homophobic, but I hate this BS.

You want something that can be gay? Wonderwoman. She is 100% gay. NOT the Green Lantern!

If he was a Pink Lantern, then fine, he could be gay.

P.S.

I don't follow the comment of the quoted section about "crumbling of the society", that just hasn't got anything to do with the comic, I agree with the comic part.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
01-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Quote: Absolutely ridiculous. The fascination and bowing down to the homosexual crowd has got to stop!
You're absolutely right ignorant commenter, thousands of super heroes and this ONE character coming out as gay is obviously because of pressure from gay rights activities groups.

I mean forget about the changing times, forget that there are literally tens of thousands of gay teenagers out there, forget about other cultural inclusive characters like 'black' characters and to some extent women characters, forget that you are stupid hill billy hick with such a narrow perception on the world that I actually feel sorry for you, forget that around 10% of the population is gay.
Just put alll that on the shelf because obviously having ONE gay character out of thousands is such a huge fucking crime!!. I mean what the fuck is this world coming too!!! Who the fuck do DC think they are catering to large groups of society, shame on them!!

You bring your pitch fork cunt I will bring my tourch, we can have a fucking march about it shall we?, then later we can go to DC headquarters and throw molotov cocktails in their windows because to even hint at growing along side change in society and keep up with teen opinion is just an unthinkable thing to happen.
Obviously everybody should be stuck in their 1800's view about homosexuality because obviously what two people do in the privacy of their own bedroom is every bodies concern. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!! And now they're gonna be allowed to adopt?! what is this!!! a happy loving couple aloud to raise an unwanted child!?
And heaven forbid we allow them to express their love for each other like everybody else and get married. Because we all know that homosexuality is a choice, obviously the overwhelming scientific evidence is wrong, and they obviously choice to go down the hard road of social hatred, school bulling and all that goes with it. Obviously they choose that and brought it upon themselves, they were asking for it. Because what 14year old doesn't want to be absolutely tortured at school by their peers, obviously 14 year olds love being absolutely terrified to even get up in the morning knowing they have to go to school. They choose that for themselves.
PLUS, we all know the bible says its wrong, and when has the bible ever been wrong!?
And further, who wants to incourage them, if their numbers go up you wont be able to walk down the street without one of them sodomizing you while you're on your way to the store, because we all know that you're like catnip to gay people.

You are 100% on the money stupid fuck, gay people are ruining this fucking planet. Not like good country boy Christians with minds narrower then a virgins vagina like yourself.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
01-06-2012, 10:49 AM
You don't realize it do you? Green Lantern has stopped being a superhero and now he is a gay-hero. He is what gay population will use as their superhero, the comics (this one) will become more centered on the gayness and the romantics... THIS CHANGES THE COMIC!! Fuck the gay population and fuck the straight population, fuck romantics and sex, we are talking about COMIC SUPERHEROES. Now, this comic book is no longer about Green Lantern, but about GAY Green Lantern.

Was it so hard to have a new superhero? The whole league of them? Even my gay friend laughed his ass off when he heard this. He wasn't that pleased with the story changes as well.

-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
01-06-2012, 10:54 AM
(01-06-2012 10:49 AM)Filox Wrote:  You don't realize it do you? Green Lantern has stopped being a superhero and now he is a gay-hero. He is what gay population will use as their superhero, the comics (this one) will become more centered on the gayness and the romantics... THIS CHANGES THE COMIC!! Fuck the gay population and fuck the straight population, fuck romantics and sex, we are talking about COMIC SUPERHEROES. Now, this comic book is no longer about Green Lantern, but about GAY Green Lantern.

Was it so hard to have a new superhero? The whole league of them? Even my gay friend laughed his ass off when he heard this. He wasn't that pleased with the story changes as well.
Agreed, but speak for yourself when it comes to not wanting romance and sex in comic books.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
01-06-2012, 11:00 AM
Some of the comments are freakin' hilarious.
I really don't see the problem here. There have been so many relaunches of other heroes where they change things about. It is a common occurrence in comic books. They make him gay this time... so what? It isn't going to take away from how cool Green Lantern is.

[Image: opforum1.png]
01-06-2012, 11:01 AM
It depends on the comic books. A superhero one does not need that, it needs flashy superpowers and the destruction of the Universe. Mangas on the other hand are rubbish without sex. Romance is not a comic book thing, it's a book or a movie thing.

Franky, you are younger, so you didn't read 10 years of straight Green Lantern that is now suddenly gay... This just changes the character for me, too much.

Superheroes are not suppose to fight the real life problems and solve our society problems, they are there to show the superpowers and be super-uber-turbo powerful.

-Hunter S. Thompson
01-06-2012, 11:03 AM
Super hero comics often have romance or at least a love interest.

[Image: opforum1.png]
01-06-2012, 11:17 AM
A love interest (like Superman) is way different that what is shown on these pictures... I don't recall too many kissing and loving in DC/Marvel comics. There is a lot of sex and rape in Berserk though.

Anyway, this guy said it good:

Quote: Dear DC: MAYBE, just MAYBE, if you took the time to listen to both sides you'd learn that A.) Marvel's getting backlash because their "planned wedding" there was pandering in reaction to your announcement and B.) Because you didn't have enough BALLS to create an original gay hero but felt the need to force acceptance by changing an icon.

See, THAT is why people are mad. But please, continue to dismiss them as stupid. That'll do WONDERS for your sales.

This is exactly a FORCED ACCEPTANCE. I don't like to be forced into anything.

-Hunter S. Thompson
01-06-2012, 11:20 AM
(01-06-2012 10:49 AM)Filox Wrote:  You don't realize it do you? Green Lantern has stopped being a superhero and now he is a gay-hero. He is what gay population will use as their superhero, the comics (this one) will become more centered on the gayness and the romantics... THIS CHANGES THE COMIC!! Fuck the gay population and fuck the straight population, fuck romantics and sex, we are talking about COMIC SUPERHEROES. Now, this comic book is no longer about Green Lantern, but about GAY Green Lantern.

So he gets the guy at then end instead of the girl, it shouldn't make a difference.

Its a problem because people perceive it to be a problem. Like what you are doing now.
"He's now the GAY Green Lantern". You say it like its the worst thing since AIDS.

That is the problem, people thinking there is a problem.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post