Green Lantern is Gay!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-06-2012, 11:23 AM
RE: Green Lantern is Gay!
I can certainly see where people are coming from on this, but it isn't really a big deal to get annoyed about. DC haven't made the best choices in going about it, but worse things have happened in comic books than this.

[Image: opforum1.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2012, 11:28 AM
And here we go, whatever we think about this, like it or not, we do have a common ground and ENEMIES, so gay, or no-gay, we are the Justice League against these FUCKTARDS!!

Quote: If you read the Book: “Good Bye Good Men: How Liberals Brought Corruption into the Catholic Church” By Michael S. Rose You will learn that just like every other Institution the Catholic Church was sabotaged from within by Liberals honoring an Atheist ideology called Communism.

Imagine the retardiness in her head... This was her comment on the comic book and a gay hero...

OK, I quit, this bitch just killed my good vibe, I'm off to smoke something.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
01-06-2012, 11:31 AM
Ah, yeah, I read that comment earlier. Hilarity ensued.

01-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Oh how I love the insane stupidity of men.

I read some of the comments and couldn't read on because of fear of actually becoming less intelligent.

Why does it matter?

[Image: gay_000306marriage.gif]

I find it pretty damn hilarious that people say dislike how they changed a Green Lantern when there have been about a half dozen different Green Lanterns and yet I very rarely hear much disgust about it(Mostly its because they like one of them better and want them to continue him) Anyways, characters grow and change and it would be drastically dull if they remained the same.

I guarantee that all of us have changed so why can't a fictional character do the same?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
01-06-2012, 01:08 PM
(01-06-2012 01:01 PM)ShirubaDangan Wrote:  I find it pretty damn hilarious that people say dislike how they changed a Green Lantern when there have been about a half dozen different Green Lanterns and yet I very rarely hear much disgust about it(Mostly its because they like one of them better and want them to continue him) Anyways, characters grow and change and it would be drastically dull if they remained the same.

I guarantee that all of us have changed so why can't a fictional character do the same?

Good point, SD. I remember when there was a huge uproar when they introduced a Black Green Lantern.
[Image: John_Stewart-1.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
01-06-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm SD now?

And perfect point!! I remember that as well and the other uproar about the Spiderman movie with a black character. I mean to me it is just blatant hatred. This shows that even if they made a completely different gay character who was a green lantern he would definitely not be accepted anyways.

I don't understand why we cause such an uproar about two men wanting too be together and never question the reason why Batman likes to keep boys in tights around him.

[Image: 70s-Batman-Robin-Public-Service-Announcement.jpg]

Probably isn't condemned because we would have to go after all those Catholic priests.

Also Manga's aren't rubbish without sex! Two such examples include Death note which is about a brilliant high school student who receives a book in which whomever's name you write within it will die. He decides to rid the world of all the criminals and eventually combats a famous detective only known as L in which the two play mind games to discover the others identity.[http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CheI5Dse2jU] Also another which is kind of similar is called Code Geass in which another student gains the power to control others minds and decides to use it to topple an empire which is trying to rule the world. [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5tgCgskXys]

But yes back on topic(And sorry about being vulgar) but why do we give a shit?

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
[+] 1 user Likes ShirubaDangan's post
01-06-2012, 01:25 PM
Batman and Robin used to sleep in the same bed. Gay super heroes is nothing new. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes frankiej's post
01-06-2012, 01:33 PM
It's just an attempt to revitalize the comic and make it relevant. I'm not tied to the story, so I don't really know how it matters to the story- only that I know that the green lantern isn't a single character necessarily. And I don't know how true it is because I only saw the movie- didn't read this comic when I was into collecting. I do like the idea that it gives gay teens a potentially familiar hero to look toward. Starting a new comic with a new gay character would be very difficult. It's hard to acquire an audience for new comics and get the new comics on the racks at supermarkets and stuff. A new gay superhero comic would probably fail to get off the ground. Older more familiar comics are easier to drum up a following for, or to redirect the current readers.

I've read plenty of comics that inject some romance and some sex... look at Spiderman. Especially the Todd McFarlane Spiderman. His depiction of Maryjane was nothing less than fully sexed out.
[+] 1 user Likes kineo's post
01-06-2012, 02:40 PM
(01-06-2012 10:17 AM)NoahsFarce Wrote:  Comic book section you say? Sort of, but the real reason for this post is to show you just how idiotic religious zealots can be. Check the comment section out and keep in mind that this was an article about a comic book hero coming out of the closet.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/dc...#f14ac0b7e

The keen eye will discover my true identity there because I couldn't resist commenting. Just keep it to yourself please Tongue
I think we have a mate for Albus Dumbledore now.

Why the fuck is this newsworthy??????

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
01-06-2012, 02:53 PM
I thought this fuss was over the movie. Who really cares??? Its a comic book and has no real life changing things in it. Get a life! Your not talking about War and peace here or The Grapes of Wrath. It's made for simple reading and small minds.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a
free civil government. This marks the lowest grade of ignorance, of which their
political as well as religious leaders will always avail themselves for their
own purpose. ~ Thomas Jefferson