Greeting from a Christian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-02-2013, 05:50 PM
RE: Greeting from a Christian
(27-02-2013 05:43 PM)DarthMarth Wrote:  How can you be sure you are a fair judge of what's true when your very ability to process what's true is shaped by your background?

When my background asks "How is a postmortem preservation of identity even imaginable, let alone tenable?" ... I'd like an answer to that..

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
27-02-2013, 06:00 PM
(27-02-2013 04:46 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Welcome to the forums, DarthMarth. I'm in software QA...and thus your sworn enemy! I shall be scrutinizing your output with great zeal!

The process:

Code:
class software(self, HoW, TtD):
      self.Hours_of_Work = HoW
      self.Time_to_Deadline = TtD

def works(software):
      if software.Hours_of_Work > lots && software.Time_to_Deadline == not_much:
            return False
      else:
            beer.drink()
            return False
#more below
def QA_Process(software):
      if works(Project) == True:
            beer.drink()
      else:
            bitch()
            beer.drink()

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 7 users Like Phaedrus's post
27-02-2013, 06:16 PM
(27-02-2013 05:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 05:43 PM)DarthMarth Wrote:  How can you be sure you are a fair judge of what's true when your very ability to process what's true is shaped by your background?

When my background asks "How is a postmortem preservation of identity even imaginable, let alone tenable?" ... I'd like an answer to that..
A post mortem eternal existence relating to, and akin to, our secular pasts would be very annoying probably, to say the least.

How do we relate to a judge ensconced within any inconceivable milieu.....?
[+] 1 user Likes Mr Woof's post
27-02-2013, 06:32 PM
(27-02-2013 01:50 PM)DarthMarth Wrote:  ...
6. PM totally sent.

Received with thanks.

I think we're going to be friends.

Yes

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
27-02-2013, 06:39 PM
(27-02-2013 01:50 PM)DarthMarth Wrote:  GirlyMan: That is an awesome misspelling of my name, but the real one is better. It was inspired by Marth with a Beam Sword in SSBM.
You'll get used to it. The nicknames are often nicknamed around here. Pretty soon you will see a name and read it as the alternate version.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
27-02-2013, 06:56 PM
(27-02-2013 06:00 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 04:46 PM)Cardinal Smurf Wrote:  Welcome to the forums, DarthMarth. I'm in software QA...and thus your sworn enemy! I shall be scrutinizing your output with great zeal!

The process:

Code:
class software(self, HoW, TtD):
      self.Hours_of_Work = HoW
      self.Time_to_Deadline = TtD

def works(software):
      if software.Hours_of_Work > lots && software.Time_to_Deadline == not_much:
            return False
      else:
            beer.drink()
            return False
#more below
def QA_Process(software):
      if works(Project) == True:
            beer.drink()
      else:
            bitch()
            beer.drink()

I wish.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
27-02-2013, 07:00 PM
(27-02-2013 05:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Fuckin' QA, that's like IA for cops.

Well said!

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post
27-02-2013, 07:55 PM
(27-02-2013 01:24 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 01:23 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Welcome DeathMarch. There's a bunch of other programmers around here as well. ... Most ain't Christian, though. ... Hell, the crazier ones think they're their own personal Jesus. Smile
And then there's that crazy prophet who worships the actress Gwyneth Paltrow as if she were a goddess. Confused
You rang? And no, no more Christians here. Everz. Angry

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
27-02-2013, 08:48 PM
(27-02-2013 01:50 PM)DarthMarth Wrote:  Just studied the book of James a few weeks ago, which basically says you need good works to be "saved". My view on this is similar to that of other Protestants in that good works are the proof and inevitable result of having faith that saves.

Isn't it a bit fishy, that he never mentions his own brother "rose" from the dead ? If YOU were writing a letter, trying to get someone to believe, and your brother was the ONLY person in human history to rise from the dead, you would forget to mention it ? Of course he completely contradicts Saul of Tarsus, (the founder of Paulianity, the religion you really practice), who says people are saved by faith alone.

Welcome to the nut house.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
27-02-2013, 10:20 PM
(27-02-2013 06:16 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(27-02-2013 05:50 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  When my background asks "How is a postmortem preservation of identity even imaginable, let alone tenable?" ... I'd like an answer to that..
A post mortem eternal existence relating to, and akin to, our secular pasts would be very annoying probably, to say the least.

How do we relate to a judge ensconced within any inconceivable milieu.....?
Uh...sorry, I'm not sure how to respond. Are you asking something or just making a comment?
(27-02-2013 08:48 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Isn't it a bit fishy, that he never mentions his own brother "rose" from the dead ? If YOU were writing a letter, trying to get someone to believe, and your brother was the ONLY person in human history to rise from the dead, you would forget to mention it ? Of course he completely contradicts Saul of Tarsus, (the founder of Paulianity, the religion you really practice), who says people are saved by faith alone.
Church tradition is what says the author of James is the brother of Jesus (instead of some other James); I would have no problem believing some other Jamers wrote it. In any case, the book is highly practical, almost like a collection of sayings of proverbs. It's not focused on getting people to believe as much as it is on instructing people who already believe. And I'm learning to live with tension between different books. If every New testament author had the exact same theological perspective, we could make it a lot shorter.

On a more practical note, is there some easier way to quote multiple people that I'm missing? Because this is kind of annoying.

"Know that we own minds that could devour the sun/And what we've done will remain although it's gone" - Scar Symmetry