Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-01-2011, 09:46 PM
RE: Greetings
(28-01-2011 11:44 AM)monkeywithcrayons Wrote:  My name is Danielle and I live in what my husband laughingly refers to as The Buckle on the Bible Belt, Arkansas.

Lol, we live in East Texas, and we call this place the rusty belt buckle of the bible belt. Tongue

Welcome!!

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2011, 12:31 PM
Well hello there fellow Arkansan! That's right, there are atheists in Arkansas (although I can't even count them on one hand that I know of). I was born and raised in central AR, brought up in the methodist church, and like you came to the realization that it is all nonsense. It's tough being here where so many people actually believe this stuff. My husband (also an atheist) is actually a part of another forum called Arkansashunting, and as you can imagine, just about everybody on there is a devout christian. It drives me crazy sometimes seeing the things that people post on there relating to religion, and I have to come to this site so that I can see that there are sane, rational people out there in this world. Welcome to the site, it should be fun!

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires. – Susan B. Anthony
06-02-2011, 05:04 PM

Thank you all for the welcome.Smile
Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2011, 08:48 AM
Hello there from someone in a different notch of the Bible Belt. You can't throw a rock in this part of TN and not hit a Southern Baptist church. Get out of town just a hair and you get a good dose of Pentacostals - now that's some real religion. Smile

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.
07-02-2011, 08:39 PM
I live in Texarkana--smack-dab on the border of Texas and Arkansas! There are more churches here per square mile than anywhere in the Ark-La-Tex, from my understanding.
We've got it all--mostly Baptists and their offspring: Pentecostal, Church of Christ, Holiness (now there are some strange ones), and Tony Alamo's compound is right down the road in Fouke, Arkansas! That's just about 10 miles from Texarkana.
08-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Well hello Danielle. I'm just an old fart in south jersey who would like to figure out a way to Stop the stupidity in this country, (The stupidity aka Creationism). While I don't live in any bible belted area, and I'm free to profess my atheism to my coworkers , I still think NJ sucks. Also I cringe at the term "Bible Belt" and aim to be a key factor in fixing that problem before I die.I'm only slightly more than a half century old, so I figure I just may come up with a few more Ideas before then!

Wink

The Beauty of The Scientific Method , is the Anticipation of a Better Explanation.
09-02-2011, 07:34 PM
(07-02-2011 08:39 PM)catdance62 Wrote:  I live in Texarkana--smack-dab on the border of Texas and Arkansas! There are more churches here per square mile than anywhere in the Ark-La-Tex, from my understanding.
We've got it all--mostly Baptists and their offspring: Pentecostal, Church of Christ, Holiness (now there are some strange ones), and Tony Alamo's compound is right down the road in Fouke, Arkansas! That's just about 10 miles from Texarkana.

I'm not far from you. I'm from the northeast and I was truly amazed at the number and massiveness of the churches here! I don't know how any one could keep them straight. Wink

My reason for being is to serve as a cat cushion. That is good enough for me. Wink