Greetings!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-01-2013, 03:20 PM
Greetings!
A big hello to everyone! Smile

Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Kieran and I'm from the UK. I'm 26 (27 this year) and am in university, in the final year of my BSc Computer Science degree. I have been an atheist for as long as I can remember. I attended church as a child with my mother who, herself, was never truly religious but she was always open to experiencing new things, and I even attended Sunday school and cell group meetings for about a year or two. As you can see, I have genuinely tried to give religion a chance. However, I have come to the conclusion that religion only serves to provide a comfort for those seeking it as such. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to write more about this here in my introduction but I don't want to bore anyone (at least not yet! Tongue )!

On a non-religious note, I play the guitar, love comedy and documentaries and I love science with a particular interest in cosmology. It truly is humbling knowing that we are but a speck of dust in a vast universe!

I very much look forward to having conversations with each and every one of you! Thanks for reading! Drinking Beverage

Regards,
Lucius

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Lucius's post
30-01-2013, 03:30 PM
RE: Greetings!
(30-01-2013 03:20 PM)Lucius Wrote:  A big hello to everyone! Smile

Allow me to introduce myself. My name's Kieran and I'm from the UK. I'm 26 (27 this year) and am in university, in the final year of my BSc Computer Science degree. I have been an atheist for as long as I can remember. I attended church as a child with my mother who, herself, was never truly religious but she was always open to experiencing new things, and I even attended Sunday school and cell group meetings for about a year or two. As you can see, I have genuinely tried to give religion a chance. However, I have come to the conclusion that religion only serves to provide a comfort for those seeking it as such. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted to write more about this here in my introduction but I don't want to bore anyone (at least not yet! Tongue )!

On a non-religious note, I play the guitar, love comedy and documentaries and I love science with a particular interest in cosmology. It truly is humbling knowing that we are but a speck of dust in a vast universe!

I very much look forward to having conversations with each and every one of you! Thanks for reading! Drinking Beverage
Welcome, you will find like-minded people here who share your interests. And some others, too. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
30-01-2013, 03:34 PM
(30-01-2013 03:30 PM)Chas Wrote:  Welcome, you will find like-minded people here who share your interests. And some others, too. Consider

Thanks, Chas! Sounds like its a jungle out there!

Regards,
Lucius

"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
30-01-2013, 03:38 PM
Welcome to TTA!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
30-01-2013, 03:40 PM
Another brit will help in the takeover of the forum (please dont be a troll)

Welcome.

You're never going to say the things you want to say.
The things you want to change will usually stay that way
The promises you break outweigh the ones you keep.
Paint upon the wall for the hundredth time.

Jesus Jones
30-01-2013, 03:46 PM
No one can be a troll with a name like Kieran Smartass

Welcome.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
30-01-2013, 04:09 PM
(30-01-2013 03:46 PM)Vera Wrote:  No one can be a troll with a name like Kieran Smartass

Welcome.
oops thought it was Lucious, and was going to say "a nice contrast with your obvious intelligence"

Anyhow welcome to the forum. Smile
30-01-2013, 04:13 PM
(30-01-2013 03:40 PM)bemore Wrote:  Another brit will help in the takeover of the forum (please dont be a troll)

Welcome.

I assure you I'm not a troll, not to worry. Smile

(30-01-2013 04:09 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(30-01-2013 03:46 PM)Vera Wrote:  No one can be a troll with a name like Kieran Smartass

Welcome.
oops thought it was Lucious, and was going to say "a nice contrast with your obvious intelligence"

Anyhow welcome to the forum. Smile

Thanks lol Already I can tell I'm going to enjoy being a part of this forum! Wink

Regards,
Lucius

30-01-2013, 04:52 PM
Hello Kieran, good to have you here. The forum is currently composed of an international crowd and I'm sure you'll find many interesting ideas and conversations going on.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
30-01-2013, 04:57 PM
(30-01-2013 04:52 PM)kim Wrote:  Hello Kieran, good to have you here. The forum is currently composed of an international crowd and I'm sure you'll find many interesting ideas and conversations going on.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

Thanks, Kim, I really appreciate it! Smile

Regards,
Lucius