Greetings!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Greetings!
Greetings!

Well, i am not too good about introductions so i open with my story:
I have never in fact been religious, or put down by religion or had any personal negative impules to religion as a whole, But as a norwegian we tend to have a rather "hush hush its private" deal when it comes to religion and the overall view seem to be mostly atheist.

I actually *tried* religion at some point, a bit of prayer, a bit of "believing" and reading the bible, tho reading the bible actually woke up some negative impulses from my peers, but i say now as i said then: "Its a good story, but i cant believe people are believing this"... it was like a screwed up version of 1001 nights.

Tho i am sad to admit that later on i have seen what religion drives people to do, and i am not to forgive the "good" it does for some people where it drives others to the brink of insanity or death, so i guess i could call myself an "Anti-Theist" not only do i not believe, but i outright refuse and borderline hate religion for its history, for its devaluing of people and the outright madness that it have brought to humanity as a whole.

Now, i am 23 years old, a gamer and done with school, so whever i bring myself in life, i say yet again: Greetings to all of you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Dracoknight's post
19-09-2013, 09:24 AM
RE: Greetings!
Welcome Smile
19-09-2013, 09:28 AM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
19-09-2013, 09:33 AM
Welcome.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Vilkommen til forumet ! (Translation for non-Norwegian speakers : Welcome to the forum !).
19-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Wait, really? Your join date is September 2012, and this is your first post?

... this is my signature!
19-09-2013, 12:30 PM
Welcome, apparent lurker.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.

See here they are the bruises, some were self-inflicted, and some showed up along the way. -JF

Just because her eyes don't tear doesn't mean her heart doesn't cry. Just because she comes off strong doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.
19-09-2013, 01:16 PM
(19-09-2013 08:55 AM)Dracoknight Wrote:  Greetings!

Well, i am not too good about introductions so i open with my story:
I have never in fact been religious, or put down by religion or had any personal negative impules to religion as a whole, But as a norwegian we tend to have a rather "hush hush its private" deal when it comes to religion and the overall view seem to be mostly atheist.

I actually *tried* religion at some point, a bit of prayer, a bit of "believing" and reading the bible, tho reading the bible actually woke up some negative impulses from my peers, but i say now as i said then: "Its a good story, but i cant believe people are believing this"... it was like a screwed up version of 1001 nights.

Tho i am sad to admit that later on i have seen what religion drives people to do, and i am not to forgive the "good" it does for some people where it drives others to the brink of insanity or death, so i guess i could call myself an "Anti-Theist" not only do i not believe, but i outright refuse and borderline hate religion for its history, for its devaluing of people and the outright madness that it have brought to humanity as a whole.

Now, i am 23 years old, a gamer and done with school, so whever i bring myself in life, i say yet again: Greetings to all of you.

YESSS!!!!! ENDELIG!!!!!

[Image: 9f6.gif]
19-09-2013, 01:17 PM
(19-09-2013 11:07 AM)viocjit Wrote:  Velkommen til forumet ! (Translation for non-Norwegian speakers : Welcome to the forum !).

[Image: 9f6.gif]
20-09-2013, 03:46 AM
(19-09-2013 12:28 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Wait, really? Your join date is September 2012, and this is your first post?

Yup, i think i registered a while back, forgot about it, and then decided to bump into the introduction field....

You know how it is, you register at a forum, forget about it...because of reasons, and then you are like "wat? i have been here before? Blink"