RE: Greetings
It's not badgering, it's informing.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2014, 08:52 AM
Theists aren't mindless by the way. What causes someone to stay enslaved to religion is diverse and often, based on emotion and fear. I see all religions as illogical but I don't call people names. It doesn't further communication and there's just no need for me to do that to convey a point. No one is better than anyone else.

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
22-03-2014, 09:00 AM
(22-03-2014 08:52 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  Theists aren't mindless by the way. What causes someone to stay enslaved to religion is diverse and often, based on emotion and fear. I see all religions as illogical but I don't call people names. It doesn't further communication and there's just no need for me to do that to convey a point. No one is better than anyone else.

wow... tit the fuck up!
What kind of bullshit are you smoking?

I, and even you are better than some child rapist. To say that I am the same as him/her is insulting to me, insulting to you and insulting to 99.9999..% of the population who aren't child rapists. You are delusion. It's no wonder you're an agnostic actually. You live in a fairy tale.

22-03-2014, 09:11 AM
We are talking about religious views. Not rapists. lol

I can't do this. I'm not into drama and such. My advice, don't let people you've never met and never will meet online, upset you that much.

lol

22-03-2014, 09:15 AM
(22-03-2014 09:11 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  We are talking about religious views. Not rapists. lol

I can't do this. I'm not into drama and such. My advice, don't let people you've never met and never will meet online, upset you that much.

lol

You just said "No one is better than anyone else.", those were your exact words.
Not my fault you've had a sudden change in heart and don't want to think of yourself equal to child rapists.

BUT if you insist on making it about just religious views, Atheism (and thus Atheists) is better than agnosticism and theism (thus agnostics and theists). There's no contest.

22-03-2014, 09:24 AM
It was assumed "anyone" was in a religious context. Since that's what we were "discussing."

I understand your sentiment but it is that very thinking that creates and maintains divisions. Religion divides. I don't want to be an atheist who divides. "Them" vs. "us," if this makes sense.

Agnosticism isn't in the same grouping with theism. Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.
lol

22-03-2014, 09:32 AM
(22-03-2014 09:24 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  It was assumed "anyone" was in a religious context. Since that's what we were "discussing."

I understand your sentiment but it is that very thinking that creates and maintains divisions. Religion divides. I don't want to be an atheist who divides. "Them" vs. "us," if this makes sense.

Agnosticism isn't in the same grouping with theism. Silly rabbit, tricks are for kids.
lol

No, it's them being mindless dumb fucks that maintains divisions.
It's people like you (an agnostic) with your "yea I don't believe in God so to speak, but he could exist" that reinforces their stupid (theistic) view in turn maintaining these divisions you speak of.

You can't sit on the fence and pat either side on the back, you don't achieve anything that way. The only way to eradicate theism/religion is to say "what you believe in is stupid here's why". You don't do shit by being a fucktard agnostic with a hipster hippy world view and no backbone at all.

And you sure as fuck don't achieve anything when you refuse to engage and act like a pussy mofo bitch.

22-03-2014, 09:40 AM
I don't believe a god exists. I believe all religions are man made inventions. But, I don't know with certainty if "a god" exists.

Neither do you. And that's the truth.

To say otherwise, reveals not only ignorance, but arrogance. I don't believe a god exists but I don't need to know, is my stance at this point.

22-03-2014, 09:49 AM
(22-03-2014 09:40 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I don't believe a god exists. I believe all religions are man made inventions. But, I don't know with certainty if "a god" exists.

Neither do you. And that's the truth.

To say otherwise, reveals not only ignorance, but arrogance. I don't believe a god exists but I don't need to know, is my stance at this point.

No I agree, people who claim to 100% sure God doesn't exist are as ignorant as theists who say God 100% exists. (weren't prepared for that were ya, maybe if you engaged in "dialogue" you would learn a thing or two about my position rather than pussy out and have a fucking cry about it).

BUT that doesn't mean we need to recognize that we don't know.
ie: Gravity. We assume gravity will work if I drop something. There is a chance, even though it's insanely remote and unlikely to happen, that gravity will not work on this apple if I drop it.
That doesn't mean we call gravity anything else to acknowledge this infinity small chance of it not occurring.

I don't say "if I drop this apple there is a high probability it will fall to the ground", I say "this apple will fall to the ground if I drop it".

It's the same with agnosticism and atheism.
The chance there is a god is so insanely infinitely small that it's hardly worth bringing up in conversation let alone acknowledging that chance, which is exactly what you're doing by calling yourself agnostic rather than atheist.

Thus, agnosticism is fucking stupid.

Agnosticism is, IMO, a fence sitting position for people who are too chicken shit to make that final leap from theism to atheism because they have a high belief/hope that their old beliefs are in fact true. They're ignoring blatant evidence that they accept but don't want to accept.
It's just a bullshit pointless stupid position to be in.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
22-03-2014, 10:04 AM
Hi.

I figured I'd just pop in with a quick "hello" before this thread gets moved to the Boxing Ring.

I remember you from AF. Nice to see you here.

OK, you can carry on muff-mangling now.

Big GrinBig Grin

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post