Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2014, 10:09 AM
RE: Greetings
(22-03-2014 09:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 09:40 AM)Deidre32 Wrote:  I don't believe a god exists. I believe all religions are man made inventions. But, I don't know with certainty if "a god" exists.

Neither do you. And that's the truth.

To say otherwise, reveals not only ignorance, but arrogance. I don't believe a god exists but I don't need to know, is my stance at this point.

No I agree, people who claim to 100% sure God doesn't exist are as ignorant as theists who say God 100% exists. (weren't prepared for that were ya, maybe if you engaged in "dialogue" you would learn a thing or two about my position rather than pussy out and have a fucking cry about it).

BUT that doesn't mean we need to recognize that we don't know.
ie: Gravity. We assume gravity will work if I drop something. There is a chance, even though it's insanely remote and unlikely to happen, that gravity will not work on this apple if I drop it.
That doesn't mean we call gravity anything else to acknowledge this infinity small chance of it not occurring.

I don't say "if I drop this apple there is a high probability it will fall to the ground", I say "this apple will fall to the ground if I drop it".

It's the same with agnosticism and atheism.
The chance there is a god is so insanely infinitely small that it's hardly worth bringing up in conversation let alone acknowledging that chance, which is exactly what you're doing by calling yourself agnostic rather than atheist.

Thus, agnosticism is fucking stupid.

Agnosticism is, IMO, a fence sitting position for people who are too chicken shit to make that final leap from theism to atheism because they have a high belief/hope that their old beliefs are in fact true. They're ignoring blatant evidence that they accept but don't want to accept.
It's just a bullshit pointless stupid position to be in.

This post, resonates. You are capable of getting through when you just...explain. I don't need to be coddled but I just don't like e-battles.

Anyway...
I was a Christian all my life. Indoctrinated as a kid, to be dramatic about it. Roughly four years ago, I left it. I'm finally able to classify myself as an atheist. For some, it's a quick decision but for me, it has been a long road. Because whether we admit it or not, our religious views or lack thereof shape other views. It touched every part of my life and so to leave it, left me feeling lost. But I couldn't continue on supporting and believing a lie.

Your post here got through. To take the time to post that, that says a lot.
And I thank you.

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-03-2014, 10:11 AM
(22-03-2014 10:04 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Hi.

I figured I'd just pop in with a quick "hello" before this thread gets moved to the Boxing Ring.

I remember you from AF. Nice to see you here.

OK, you can carry on muff-mangling now.

Big GrinBig Grin

Oh, hey! Big Grin

The beauty of the heart, is the lasting beauty. - Rumi Heart
22-03-2014, 10:30 AM
MUFFS, TAKE IT SOMEWHERE ELSE. MAKE ANOTHER THREAD. NOT IN THE INTRO SECTION.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]