Greetings!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Greetings!
Hello! I have been an atheist since I was 8 (almost 20 years) and live in a mostly conservative/religious area. I'm forced to look outward to find more likeminded people, so I have joined my first atheist forum here.

I just began reading Richard Dawkins's The God Delusion and feel the need to connect with other atheists as a group. He is right - we have the numbers and conviction to be powerful as a group.

~Imago

It is self-evident that I do not need religion or God to be a moral, happy, productive human being.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2014, 03:54 PM
RE: Greetings!
Hi there! You sure aren't alone in being surrounded by conservatives/religious folk. Many peeps here are, including myself. Hope you have fun connecting to people here Big Grin

[Image: notagain.gif]
28-07-2014, 03:57 PM
(28-07-2014 03:54 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Hi there! You sure aren't alone in being surrounded by conservatives/religious folk. Many peeps here are, including myself. Hope you have fun connecting to people here Big Grin

OMG YOUR BACK I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!Big Grin

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
28-07-2014, 04:17 PM
(28-07-2014 03:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 03:54 PM)Miss Suzanne Wrote:  Hi there! You sure aren't alone in being surrounded by conservatives/religious folk. Many peeps here are, including myself. Hope you have fun connecting to people here Big Grin

OMG YOUR BACK I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!Big Grin

Talk to Chas, he can give you aiming lessons.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-07-2014, 04:22 PM
Welcome Imago, by the way Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
28-07-2014, 04:29 PM
Welcome aboard Big Grin
28-07-2014, 04:55 PM
(28-07-2014 04:17 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(28-07-2014 03:57 PM)Metazoa Zeke Wrote:  OMG YOUR BACK I MISSED YOU SO MUCH!!!Big Grin

Talk to Chas, he can give you aiming lessons.

Really? Aww Big Grin that makes my heart warm! And let me pull out my shotgun and we'll do a little bit of target practice Wink

[Image: notagain.gif]
28-07-2014, 04:59 PM
Welcome aboard Smile

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
28-07-2014, 05:57 PM
Welcome!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
28-07-2014, 06:51 PM
(28-07-2014 03:05 PM)Imago Wrote:  Hello! I have been an atheist since I was 8 (almost 20 years) and live in a mostly conservative/religious area. I'm forced to look outward to find more likeminded people, so I have joined my first atheist forum here.

I just began reading Richard Dawkins's The God Delusion and feel the need to connect with other atheists as a group. He is right - we have the numbers and conviction to be powerful as a group.

~Imago

Welcome! Thumbsup

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)