Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Greetings
Hello,

I recently left religion, and I am looking for a group of like minded individuals to talk to. I come from a religious background so I'm turning to the Internet for support. I'm happy to be here.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DavidCG's post
25-02-2016, 03:28 PM
RE: Greetings
I guess I am also looking for some resources, reading material etc. As someone that has just abandoned faith where should I go first?
25-02-2016, 03:38 PM
Welcome to the forum.

We have two resource threads on this forum itself; the Atheist/Agnostic Information Thread which has numerous links to different resources for heathens of varying needs and proclivities.

We also have GoodWithoutGod's resource thread which is filled with fairly long-form (for a forum) responses to various topics that are well sourced; the Index on the first post gives a run-down of topics.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
25-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Thank you, I'll go check those out.
25-02-2016, 03:44 PM
Welcome!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
25-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Welcome!
25-02-2016, 03:49 PM
Welcome aboard David. Don't be afraid to ask questions.

Being knew some of the guys around here may come off as a little aggressive, but they mean well.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
25-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Hello! Big Grin
25-02-2016, 03:51 PM
Welcome!

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
25-02-2016, 03:52 PM
Hi! Welcome!

I came here for the same reason Smile

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman