Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2016, 05:24 PM
Greetings
Well, hi.

After highschool, I went out and met this buddhist monk, we had some decent conversations about the nature of the self. Before this, I used to agree with some of the pantheistic ideas of Spinoza, and although my parents tried to raise me as a Catholic, I was never into religion.

Over time I learned about the abstracting human mind for what it really is, and eventually became this extremist skeptic. I was 20 and most of my knowledge was theoretical, I was't sure of anything, yet I just couldn't help myself but to laugh at the imbecility of Plato. In this period, I studied maths on my own, learned about differential geometry and some others but at some point, I figured out how formal disciplines would never-ever provide me with the actual truth of this universe. So I studied the works of renowned existentialists for a while, improved my understanding of dialectics, evolution and all that jazz, and this wasn't long before I discovered the gross difference between theology, and philosophy - which I think is the only source of existential clarity.

Anyways, I don't really like to label myself, but yes, I am an atheist, and a theological noncognitivist, and of course, an anarchist -when I feel energetic. Nonetheless, I am usually a calm person Drinking Beverage

Well, that's about it, I hope to contribute when I can, and have some fun among you beautiful people. So thanks for having me Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like nihilist's post
20-06-2016, 06:16 PM
RE: Greetings
Welcome!

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
20-06-2016, 06:20 PM
G'day Nihilist, and welcome to the forum. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
20-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Welcome!
20-06-2016, 07:55 PM
Welcome to TTA.
20-06-2016, 08:00 PM
Welcome. Pull up a chair and chime right in!

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
20-06-2016, 08:44 PM
Hello! Big Grin