Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Greetings
New to the forum. I've been attempting to debate theists for over 20 years online. I say 'attempting' because they generally run away before any real debate can happen.
Thought I'd see if there are any actual debates here. Anyone got any suggestions for threads?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-12-2016, 01:13 PM
RE: Greetings
Welcome! You could check the atheism/theism thread. We don't have a ton of theists here.
01-12-2016, 01:25 PM
(01-12-2016 12:30 PM)nostragoth Wrote:  New to the forum. I've been attempting to debate theists for over 20 years online. I say 'attempting' because they generally run away before any real debate can happen.
Thought I'd see if there are any actual debates here. Anyone got any suggestions for threads?

Welcome Smile

Our long term theists are rare and tend to not debate too much.
Our bonehead theists are plentiful and tend to "debate" for a week or so before realising that we're not as susceptible to their holy cleansing zeal as their pastor said we would be.

If you want a bonehead debate I'm sure one will be along shortly for you to attempt to educate. The other kind - vigorous intellectual debate - doesn't happen a helluva lot. Although you see some extremely erudite replies to bonehead questions. Go figure.

For threads, any topic that strikes your fancy. I don't know what variety attracts theists though, anything with some religious words in the title will likely attract a few.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
01-12-2016, 01:38 PM
Welcome!
02-12-2016, 01:02 AM
Hello! Big Grin
02-12-2016, 03:16 AM
G'day mate, and welcome. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
02-12-2016, 10:35 AM
Greetings
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
02-12-2016, 03:34 PM
Welcome to the forum. You'll find a squabble or two here that you can join but in most cases the theists are either uninterested in debating, incoherent or not here.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.