Greetings!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-10-2017, 07:31 PM
RE: Greetings!
Welcome to the forum family. I hope you like it here as much as I do!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-10-2017, 12:33 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
08-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Hello! Big Grin
08-10-2017, 03:01 AM
(07-10-2017 07:14 PM)ImFred Wrote:  Hi. What country do you live in? If you're comfortable saying.

I was born in Sweden, however we moved to KSA (my father is an Arab and my mother is a swede) and two years ago I moved back to Sweden alone because I was in fear. Islam doesn't have any freedom of religion. If someone for an example renounced Islam, he is given three or ten days (depending on the school (madhab)) to repent and revert to Islam. If that doesn't happen then he is put to death.
08-10-2017, 03:12 AM
Confused Wow, that's harsh. Is there any hope of change there? I guess if they're not happy with freedom of religion the idea of being transgender must completely blow their minds?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-10-2017, 03:22 AM
Welcome!

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
08-10-2017, 08:02 AM
Welcome!

You're extremely brave, and I'm sorry for how you've been shunned just for being yourself (and thinking for yourself).

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
08-10-2017, 08:04 AM
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
08-10-2017, 08:08 AM
(07-10-2017 05:01 PM)Alica Kuma Wrote:  Greetings!

My name is Alica, I'm 25 years old and I'm a trans woman. I was born into a Muslim household and always thought that I was born in the wrong body and was ostracized from family and society. So, I decided to somehow eschew such thoughts because of Islam and my family.

I began Islamic studies when I turned 15 and was taught everything from A to Z about Islam. Arabic, science of hadith, usul at-tafsir and so on. Although, I did complete my studies, I still didn't feel okay. So, I made a decision to renounce Islam since it was a primitive religion with many myths and fairy tales--I realized that religion is cause of all problems in most families and obviously in this world. It's either to think critically or believe in worthless fables that didn't make any sense. So I chose the latter. I renounced Islam and told my parents that I had done so. I got disowned and left my family and slowly started to earn my livelihood, albeit it was difficult at first but if I wanted to feel good then hard work was the key for my happiness. I started my mtf transition a year ago. I'm a happy woman without religion.

Fight for your dreams and let no one take you down! :-)

That's heavy.

Hi.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-10-2017, 08:36 AM
Wow. Welcome you brave, brave woman.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac