Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-11-2017, 07:52 PM
Greetings
Of course I had to turn up on this forum eventually. I'm a thinking atheist. As door-to-door Christians left my place one day they called out "If you ever start a religion, I'd join!" which was nice but a bit sad because (a) it was grammatically incorrect, and (b) showed they'd kind of missed the point. Christians, sigh.

I'm here to share knowledge and inspiration. If the level of conversation on this forum approaches that of chatting to mates at my place I'll be satisfied.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like nugley's post
18-11-2017, 09:04 PM
RE: Greetings
Welcome!
18-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Welcome to the forum family. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

The church people left a message on my doorknob today. I thought I had managed to run all of them off and get on enough "don't stop here" lists to be rid of them once and for all. But I guess I'll have to go back to inviting them to join my church and get on all new lists. Perhaps you've heard of us? I am the Head Prophetess of the Church of the Rising Penis. (All rise.)

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams

"You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
18-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Hello! Big Grin
19-11-2017, 01:09 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
19-11-2017, 02:19 AM
Welcome to the forum.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
19-11-2017, 02:48 AM
Nice to meet you Smile

That's interesting, some people have called me a cult before. I think that's what they said.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
19-11-2017, 05:36 AM
Welcome to the forum! Smile

I'm guessing...Australian right?

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
19-11-2017, 07:43 AM
Howdy.