Greetings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Tongue Greetings
Greetings all, My name is David, and I am 21 years young. I have been an atheist for a year now and it has been a very positive influence in my life. I have been able to come to terms with my finality in life, and have been able to open my mind to the countless possibilities of the cosmos. I see religion as a disease that only seeks to enslave. But why enslave the body, when you can enslave the mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like 98Prelude's post
20-06-2012, 04:11 PM
RE: Greetings
(20-06-2012 02:53 PM)98Prelude Wrote:  Greetings all, My name is David, and I am 21 years young. I have been an atheist for a year now and it has been a very positive influence in my life. I have been able to come to terms with my finality in life, and have been able to open my mind to the countless possibilities of the cosmos. I see religion as a disease that only seeks to enslave. But why enslave the body, when you can enslave the mind.
Welcome. Let us know something of your journey.

We're nosy.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
20-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Ha its good to be nosy, hell if we weren't nosy then we would not be atheists. I grew up in a slightly religious family. Up until the age of 15 i went to church with my sister, father, and grandmother almost every Sunday. My Mother really never was a church goer and would only make her presence known on Christmas. As a child I hated church with a passion, two hours of sitting down and listening to babble never interested me. I guess i always believed in a god and in Christianity because I never really questioned it. However that all changed around a year ago. Short story is that Bath Salts, also known as synthetic Marijuana, gave me the worst experience of my life. However this "trip" made me question the nature of our existence. It was in researching and trying to find answers that my faith was questioned. The real tipping point for me of escaping religion was the idea of hell. I realized that the god that would burn me for eternity for questioning my belief, quite frankly would have to be an evil being. After my fear of hell was gone, it took only days for me to realize, i'm an atheist.
20-06-2012, 07:41 PM
And people say drugs are bad.

Welcome, David!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-06-2012, 08:17 PM
"Head Trip" Bath salts- $15
Rolling paper- $.50
Trip to ER- $55
New Atheistic world view that follows- Priceless.
[+] 4 users Like 98Prelude's post
20-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Where in the hell can you be seen in an ER for $55?

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude.
20-06-2012, 10:06 PM
Hey guy, I'm new too Tongue What's shakin?
21-06-2012, 06:03 AM
(20-06-2012 08:50 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Where in the hell can you be seen in an ER for $55?
Co-pay?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2012, 06:05 AM
Welcome. Your username insinuates that you enjoy efficient cars.
21-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Yes co-pay
And yes efficient/ fun cars

And whats shaking zelda.