Greetings, All!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Greetings, All!
Just wanted to drop by to say hi to everybody. I've been watching the videos on the site and doing a little bit of reading the past week or so, and feel like I've come home! I can't believe how comfortable it feels here. I think maybe I have finally found people who think like I do. Didn't know there were any out there. Smile

My history is complicated, so I'll give you the abridged version. My father was an atheist, my mother an agnostic, but my grandmother a very, very devout Christian who belonged to the United Church of Christ. Until I was about 20, I was a devoted churchgoer, 3-choir member, and all-around good Christian (who, though, secretly did not believe in Jesus). When I graduated from college, I began exploring and practicing different religions and philosophies - Judaism, Buddhism, Wicca, Egyptian Paganism - and finally settled on Buddhism.

I still practice mindfulness, and it wasn't until very recently that I struggled with the existence of God. Then I think one day I was hit by a bus or something (I honestly don't remember how it happened), but I realized that *that* was just ridiculous.

So here I am.

Lovely to meet y'all. :-)

WhiteRaven
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 08:33 PM
RE: Greetings, All!
'Lo. Drinking Beverage

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2013, 08:37 PM