Greetings Earthlings

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Greetings Earthlings
Greetings fellow heathens.

Long time listener to TTA and I post on the Facebook page sometimes when I find something that either elevates or enrages my attitude. Thought I was time I got onto the forums too.

I spent a very long time feeling guilty as a child for being unwilling and unable to flow the rules presented in the bible, and then spent a very brief time during my early adult life being a 'born again type'. The beginning of university quickly put a stop to that. The whole episode was rather embarrassing to tell you the truth.

I, like many, see religion as dangerous, unnecessary and stifling to human progress. While I respect a persons ability to believe in things, I do not respect their right to force that belief on other people. I see this as the fundamental problem of human conflict.

Personal summary: Nerdy beer enthusiast

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dunhill808's post
21-01-2012, 07:24 PM
RE: Greetings Earthlings
Hey welcome to the forum

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
21-01-2012, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Might want to put off on assuming we are all earthlings here though. Not all the test results are back yet. Fire kills them so I recommend a having a flame thrower near by.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like lucradis's post
21-01-2012, 08:02 PM
Nerdy beer enthusiast you say? I fancy myself quite the beer drinker. Any suggestions for a good stout that is worth the extra effort to find and consume?

Evolve

Smartass
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/James_Beard2
21-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Nothing like a good brew to go with roasted baby. Welcome! Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
21-01-2012, 09:02 PM (This post was last modified: 21-01-2012 09:22 PM by GirlyMan.)
(21-01-2012 08:02 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Nerdy beer enthusiast you say? I fancy myself quite the beer drinker. Any suggestions for a good stout that is worth the extra effort to find and consume?

God I miss beer. Their World Wide Stout comes in at 15-20% ABV. I found it way too sweet but some might like it.

(21-01-2012 07:49 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Might want to put off on assuming we are all earthlings here though. Not all the test results are back yet. Fire kills them so I recommend a having a flame thrower near by.

BiC lighter and a can of hairspray will handle most.

Just because I'm an atheist doesn't mean there aren't people who should pray for their sorry ass to be saved.
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-01-2012, 09:01 PM
(21-01-2012 07:49 PM)lucradis Wrote:  Might want to put off on assuming we are all earthlings here though. Not all the test results are back yet. Fire kills them so I recommend a having a flame thrower near by.

Would a hot soldering iron be sufficient? Its all I have handy.

(21-01-2012 08:02 PM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  Nerdy beer enthusiast you say? I fancy myself quite the beer drinker. Any suggestions for a good stout that is worth the extra effort to find and consume?

I'm not the biggest fan of stouts, I find them to be a bit difficult to drink and a beer designed for a certain mood (like fishing or reading a book). I do love a good Guinness or Murphy's every now and then though. More of a larger fan.

I can tell you a few Stouts to avoid: Sheaf Stout, which tastes like cold coffee filtered through soiled undergarments, and Monty Pythons Holy Grail Ale (yes this is a real thing and I am a ware that it is technically a pale ale but I just wanted to let you know so that you wouldn't make the same mistake I did)

"Gary, it's burning, what we gonna do"
-Bill Bailey
23-01-2012, 12:01 AM
(22-01-2012 09:01 PM)Dunhill808 Wrote:  

Would a hot soldering iron be sufficient? Its all I have handy.

Gotta apply it in the right place... Wink Welcome and stay away from me with that soldering iron.
23-01-2012, 09:16 AM
Beer?

Oh yes. Let's talk beer.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]