Greetings, Group!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Greetings, Group!
I met Seth 10 days ago at Reasonfest2013. I was sitting in the back row; he asked me and my mom where we got the coffee and if we would watch his bags while he went for some. I had no idea who he was, but then, when he was talking to Matt, I opened my program and said, "Hey! You're this guy!"

His presentation was fabulous, and he was absolutely charming...
Afterwards, I spoke with him. I'm totally on board with his mission to stop the indoctrination of children, and have been working at it myself online -
and it was wonderful to meet with like-minded people in person. Bought his book, just finished reading it today, and wanted to make my voice heard here in support, and to get support.

Thanks for this website, Seth; and hello to all of you.
V
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vivid Dream's post
30-04-2013, 03:05 PM
RE: Greetings, Group!
Greetings Vivid Dream! ReasonFest has been pretty great the past couple of years... Seth is very new to the scene and I'm glad he could make it. Glad you could make it too... to the ReasonFest AND to the forum.

We're international so you'll get a well rounded perspective on pretty much anything you want to discuss. We have a few trolls here; some theist, some... uh... "other" but you'll get the hang of which way a conversation is going after a handful of people chime in. We try to give most people a voice... even an asshole or two... or three or me. Wink

Welcome to the forum. Smile

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
30-04-2013, 03:11 PM
I think I dreamt about you last night.

Welcome. Big Grin

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
30-04-2013, 03:40 PM
(30-04-2013 03:11 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  I think I dreamt about you last night.

Welcome. Big Grin

Am I the only one who finds this creepy ^^^^.Blink

Nice to meet you Vivid Dream. Welcome to this little corner of the world.Tongue

Just an outsider looking inn.
30-04-2013, 03:51 PM
Thanks to all of you!
I belong to another forum as an established member (where I "shoot my mouth off" about the very issues Seth champions, and have been doing so for over 2 years), but I'll have to learn how to do an avatar and all the tricks here. I'll look like a noob for a while, I'm sure.

But, I'll catch on...and then, well....you'll find I'm not very easy to shut up!!
Thumbsup
(consider yourselves advised) LOL
But, I do try to stay diplomatic and refrain from bad behavior.
30-04-2013, 03:52 PM
Welcome!

[Image: vjp09.gif]
30-04-2013, 03:57 PM
Also, I'd listen happily to his podcast tonight about science,
but...
my husband got us tickets for Fleetwood Mac...so, well...