Greetings Reptiles. Troll Alert!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-09-2017, 04:21 PM
Greetings Reptiles. Troll Alert!
I was banned at another forum for supposedly being a "troll." But all I did was tell the truth. So how can I be a troll. Well I found out how about a week ago on a TV show called Adam Ruins Everything. Apparently when you tell an ignorant brainwashed person something that goes against what they "think" is true, it registers in the same part of the brain that pain does. The REPTILIAN part of the brain. (Hence, my greeting)

This can (or maybe will) cause something called The Backfire Effect. Which will cause somebody to dig in their heels even harder in defense of the wrong information they think is true. And all this time I thought it was because they were vile scum sucking lowlifes. (Though I don't rule out that explanation either)

No doubt this same effect can cause a moderator to press the BAN! button. Here's the thing. Expect me to tell you truths that you don't like. If any of you decide to debate me, please try to use the human part of your brain. Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-09-2017, 05:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2017 05:11 PM by pablo.)
RE: Greetings Reptiles. Troll Alert!
Please before you begin to tell us all here what's what, remember that this is the introduction section and is not the place for serious discussions. Start a new thread in the appropriate forum for that.
07-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Unimpressed.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-09-2017, 05:25 PM
(07-09-2017 04:21 PM)realcebo Wrote:  Expect me to tell you truths that you don't like. If any of you decide to debate me, please try to use the human part of your brain. Thank you.

This should be fun.

As long as you have citations and references, then all should be good. Welcome to TTA.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
07-09-2017, 05:28 PM
(07-09-2017 04:21 PM)realcebo Wrote:  I was banned at another forum for supposedly being a "troll." But all I did was tell the truth. So how can I be a troll. Well I found out how about a week ago on a TV show called Adam Ruins Everything. Apparently when you tell an ignorant brainwashed person something that goes against what they "think" is true, it registers in the same part of the brain that pain does. The REPTILIAN part of the brain. (Hence, my greeting)

This can (or maybe will) cause something called The Backfire Effect. Which will cause somebody to dig in their heels even harder in defense of the wrong information they think is true. And all this time I thought it was because they were vile scum sucking lowlifes. (Though I don't rule out that explanation either)

No doubt this same effect can cause a moderator to press the BAN! button. Here's the thing. Expect me to tell you truths that you don't like. If any of you decide to debate me, please try to use the human part of your brain. Thank you.

I find this post to be quite comical, since you appear to be playing the victim card.
[+] 4 users Like ResidentEvilFan's post
07-09-2017, 05:32 PM
Gee willikers, you look just like Hitler. Welcome.......I guess.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
07-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Only thing I give a shit about is how often you bathe. How often do you bathe?

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-09-2017, 05:38 PM
Howdy.
07-09-2017, 05:38 PM
(07-09-2017 05:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Only thing I give a shit about is how often you bathe. How often do you bathe?

You didn't ask me that when I got here. Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes jerry mcmasters's post
07-09-2017, 05:58 PM
(07-09-2017 04:21 PM)realcebo Wrote:  I was banned at another forum for supposedly being a "troll."

I expect this will continue...

(07-09-2017 04:21 PM)realcebo Wrote:  But all I did was tell the truth. So how can I be a troll. Well I found out how about a week ago on a TV show called Adam Ruins Everything.

I am familiar (and unimpressed) with that show. it is quite possible to educate people without being an asshole. Something both Adam and yourself seem to miss.

(07-09-2017 04:21 PM)realcebo Wrote:  Apparently when you tell an ignorant brainwashed person something that goes against what they "think" is true, it registers in the same part of the brain that pain does. The REPTILIAN part of the brain. (Hence, my greeting)

So you assume that we are ignorant, brainwashed persons who will react to new information with hostility and fear.

You do indeed seem like a troll.

(07-09-2017 04:21 PM)realcebo Wrote:  This can (or maybe will) cause something called The Backfire Effect. Which will cause somebody to dig in their heels even harder in defense of the wrong information they think is true. And all this time I thought it was because they were vile scum sucking lowlifes. (Though I don't rule out that explanation either)

"Vile scum sucking lowlifes"? That's an interesting response on your part.

I've encountered people with entrenched viewpoints before. I've encountered hostility and even fear in response to information and ideas I've presented. Unlike you, however, I do not consider those people to be vile, scum-sucking or lowlifes. Rather I understand that they are reacting to the perceived threat to their deeply held ideas and beliefs. I understand that after the initial reaction, the people may begin to question their beliefs and their reactions. I understand and accept that my inadequate presentation may have caused the reaction. I try to learn from such encounters and improve my arguments for future encounters.

You call names and insult them.

To each his own, I suppose.

(07-09-2017 04:21 PM)realcebo Wrote:  No doubt this same effect can cause a moderator to press the BAN! button.

The moderators here are among the best I have ever dealt with, and my experience includes multiple forums across multiple subjects over a span of more than a decade. They are amazingly tolerant and do a difficult job with grace, courtesy and skill. They put up with a lot of shit and deserve more praise than they receive.

(07-09-2017 04:21 PM)realcebo Wrote:  Here's the thing. Expect me to tell you truths that you don't like.

So you say. Remember that when you read the responses to your "truth".

(07-09-2017 04:21 PM)realcebo Wrote:  If any of you decide to debate me, please try to use the human part of your brain. Thank you.

In your initial post you have been insulting, prejudicial, made false accusations, called names and presupposed guilt. You have made claims of knowledge and truth and yet provided no evidence for those claims.

I will return your request to you:

If you decide to debate us, please try to use your brain. Thank you.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 7 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post