Greetings, all

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Greetings, all
Good morning/afternoon/evening everyone.

I'm a 57 year old white Canadian male, retired. I have been an atheist for decades after spending a number of years actively involved in the church community as both an attendee and part of the pastoral team, leading bible studies and prayer groups.

As a writer, traveller, adventurer, musician (retired - damn arthritis), motorcyclist and diver, I sincerely try to make every moment count, because this is the one life I have; there's no hell below us, above us only sky (with apologies to Mr Lennon).

I'm looking forward to hearty discussion on things that matter.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2017, 09:08 AM
RE: Greetings, all
Welcome!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
06-01-2017, 09:16 AM
No need to apologize to Lennon, it is a tribute to quote him. Welcome to the forum.
06-01-2017, 09:30 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
06-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Greetings.....

Have a beer and some back bacon, eh??

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
06-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Like the name. Combines a couple of my favorites, Heath Ledger and Cronin Tierney.
Everybody has heard of the first but Cronin is a local guy, from down in Portland OR.
he sings the Irish music festivals but his music runs the gamut. Lots of good stuff and a large dose of humor and irreverence.

[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
06-01-2017, 11:04 AM
Greetings!
06-01-2017, 11:08 AM
Welcome!
06-01-2017, 12:59 PM
(06-01-2017 10:40 AM)skyking Wrote:  Like the name. Combines a couple of my favorites, Heath Ledger and Cronin Tierney.
Everybody has heard of the first but Cronin is a local guy, from down in Portland OR.
he sings the Irish music festivals but his music runs the gamut. Lots of good stuff and a large dose of humor and irreverence.

Never heard of this guy before, but thanks for sharing! Interesting stuff!
06-01-2017, 01:08 PM
You'll probably figure out by my absence in the deeper threads that I am a Never-A-Theist, and hang out here mostly for all the nice folks and irreverent atmosphere.
I hope you find your stay here both enjoyable and productive.