Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2016, 06:59 AM
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less. NEW INFO, STOP IN AND READ!
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
30-07-2016, 07:25 AM
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less. NEW INFO, STOP IN AND READ!
(30-07-2016 06:55 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  1) We argue about politics, religion, guns, UFOs, dogs and cats...name it and someone here will take the other side.

The above is true. This is not a site that bans such topics. On the whole though things are pretty even keeled.

Many subjects move toward gun ownership. Mainly by Americans. And way too many US politics threads.

That's just because there are so my Americas here. All in all though things stay level headed.

Quote:2) You say you are an “instigator”. Hardly fair to proclaim yourself as one and then go and get all pissy about being challenged, know what I mean?

What do you mean by instigator?

If you've come to troll us it'll just get boring. We do already have our very own set of trolls. Most come just to have a go at atheists. Mostly christians who know very little about christianity.

Some go out of their way to think up thread titles simply in an attempt to upset people and start fights.

It is kind of pathetic and sad. So if by instigator, you mean that sort of behavior, you will be treated as such.

Quote:3) I’ve found that on this forum you don’t have to see eye to eye with everyone about everything and still get along. Some might say you’ll fit right in as long as you follow the golden rule...don’t be a dick, but what constitutes being a dick is different for everyone here too, go figure. We can’t even agree on that. Dodgy

So, to sum it it up. Welcome. Thanks for your service. Buckle up your harness.

FC

The above is quite true. If you are sincere, you will be treated accordingly. This particular forum has a family aspect to it and it is possible to make real friends.

Good luck and have fun.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
30-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Hello! Big Grin

I'm one'a them stinkin', unwashed foreign type a folks what's gon'a come over there an' take ALL your jobz!

Yeah! ME! I'm gon'a take 'em ALL!

Tongue

I really have no idea what a 'Republican' even is. Consider

is it some one who owns a Pub?

Looking forwards to chatting with yourself. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Peebothuhul's post
30-07-2016, 08:58 AM
(30-07-2016 08:47 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  I really have no idea what a 'Republican' even is. Consider

It's someone who exits the pub and goes straight back in, or re-enters as they say in America.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
30-07-2016, 10:49 AM
(29-07-2016 08:24 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:There are quite a few threads about the US election, and conservatives and liberals do butt heads there. You can either join in or avoid the political threads, there are plenty of other topics.

Thanks Dom! I enjoy butting heads, as long as things don't devolve into straight up abuse. Love a good argument!

Hello Darkie,
Taking you at face value that you are a conservative could one assume that you are opposed to the trumpeter hijacking your party?
30-07-2016, 11:47 AM
(30-07-2016 06:28 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  You're my kinda people.

Dad was an Air Farce pilot -- in the early 50's. Got his commercial ticket after getting out - and flew as a corporate pilot for a couple different companies (National Waterlift for one)....So I grew up with airplanes the way most kids grew up with a station wagon...... Oddly - I never got licensed...

I too build cars - -but way less ambitious than you do --- my S.O. and I collect - and I do all the work (of course) on Saturn SC2's.... Dunno why -- just like 'em....

Lotsa guns here too... I carry daily... (Smith 331 -- 32 H + R Mag) November 15th is the High Holy Day -- (opening of firearm deer season). We've got 3 ranges here -- 50 ft pistol. 150 yard (fixed) heavy rifle (I've shot 50 BMG here) -- and a deflector plate on wheels that allows me to shoot up to 600 yards......

I even spent a few years in Alaska - Anchorage (only 15 minutes from Alaska anyway) -- and Kodiak -- courtesy of the USCG.....

And I've conservatively read the entire H2G2 series at least 20 times...........

This is one frood who knows where his zarking towel is.......

Big Grin

Welcome!!!

Damn, Onlinebiker...I feel like I'm reading my biographyn^^^^^
That's amazing...if you had gotten rated we'd be twins! I'm sure I'm the cuter one, but still...that's kind of freaky.

HG2G holds a special place for me, my best friend, Randy, and I called it "our bible". Neither of us had any use for the actual bible. Smile
Randy was closer to me than my brothers are, and we're a close family. His kids are my god kids, my kids are his, etc.

While I was off exploring the world, Randy (who was 35) put his two boys on the school bus one morning, went in to get ready for work, and died of a heart attack, suddenly, and alone. Luckily his wife came home when his work called her, before the boys did.

So every time I read it- hate to even guess the number- I'm hang in' with my bro again. He was a hoopy frood too.
30-07-2016, 11:52 AM
Quote:2) You say you are an “instigator”. Hardly fair to proclaim yourself as one and then go and get all pissy about being challenged, know what I mean?

Ah, but I am simply being honest- and I never got pissy about anything...I doubt it's possible to hurt my feelings...in fact, I'm going with "impossible".

But when the communication has devolved to the point where it's just abuse...time to go, I guess. Can't make folks listen.

Get me?
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
30-07-2016, 11:58 AM
Hi. I've been a registered Republican commie bastard for 35 years now. Have fun.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-07-2016, 12:00 PM
Quote:What do you mean by instigator?

If you've come to troll us it'll just get boring. We do already have our very own set of trolls. Most come just to have a go at atheists. Mostly christians who know very little about christianity.

I'm kinda proud...I just learned what "troll" was, yesterday! I'm recovering from a ventral hernia operation, otherwise I might have died without ever experiencing a forum. Almost glad I had the surgery. (No, I'm not...ventral hernia surgery SUCKS)

No, my intent is not to troll at all. I guess I should have been more clear about "instigator". I meant it in fun, with a tinge of truthfulness. Sometimes I like to poke the bear...I don't create the bear. Devil's advocate, at times, maybe fan the flame a bit at times, nothing over the top, just a little satan in me.

All in fun...unless YOU'RE a dick. Then...well, I might poke the bear HARD. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
30-07-2016, 12:05 PM
(30-07-2016 08:47 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello! Big Grin

I'm one'a them stinkin', unwashed foreign type a folks what's gon'a come over there an' take ALL your jobz!

Yeah! ME! I'm gon'a take 'em ALL!

Tongue

I really have no idea what a 'Republican' even is. Consider

Looking forwards to chatting with yourself. Smile

Well, if you're Mexican, remember I'm Texan...most of my friends are Mexican. You can't scare me.

If you're Arab or Muslim, AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Run! Hide! Hide the women and children! Where are my guns...?? Pull the prayer rugs over their eyes so they can't see! Throw pigs at em! AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! *pant pant pant* Where did he go? Anybody see?Crap! He's behind us! AAAAhhhhhhhhhhHH!!!!!!!