Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2016, 12:11 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2016 12:18 PM by The Dark One.)
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less. NEW INFO, STOP IN AND READ!
Quote:Hello Darkie,
Taking you at face value that you are a conservative could one assume that you are opposed to the trumpeter hijacking your party?
I shouldn't answer this, this is what got me into trouble at my last forum. But I am no hypocrite, so...

I despise Hillary and Trump, just like most of you do, I imagine.

However, based on my values, I find Trump to be, very slightly, the lesser of the two evils. So while I don't support him and for the first time i my life I refuse to vote...if I had to pick...

I have my reasons for hating Hillary, which most of you will refuse to believe, so it's useless to discuss, I've found. So that's it

That should be it, but I can't learn to shut up. Buckle up.

None us us knows ANYTHING about Trump or Hillary. We hear things from the media, and we choose what we want to believe based on FAITH. Odd for a group of atheists, no?
But the reality is, the various parties create "God" , which is their version of the person they are backing. Does that person actually exist? We have NO WAY to know. No matter how much you hate Trump or love Hillary or whatever...you have no ACTUAL knowledge. (If you're the donald's or Hillarry's BFF, My apologies)
So you listen to the people that love them, and the people that hate them- all biased. You listen to the media- the definition of biased. In the end, you decide based on the story you want to believe. With zero actual proof. The very definition of "Faith".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
30-07-2016, 12:14 PM
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less. NEW INFO, STOP IN AND READ!
I voted for Santorum in MD's closed primary. It felt good. I liked it.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-07-2016, 12:20 PM
I'm considering writing in Ted Nugent. See what I mean by instigator? Smile
30-07-2016, 12:23 PM
Quote:It's someone who exits the pub and goes straight back in, or re-enters as they say in America.

I have been guilty of that on more occasions than I can remember, Or occasions that I can't remember. Or something.
30-07-2016, 12:29 PM
I see that Onlinebiker gave me a +1 reputation. Thank you, OLB!

What, exactly, does that mean? Based on your comment I take it as a good thing, but beyond that...help?
30-07-2016, 12:33 PM
(30-07-2016 12:29 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I see that Onlinebiker gave me a +1 reputation. Thank you, OLB!

What, exactly, does that mean? Based on your comment I take it as a good thing, but beyond that...help?

It doesn't have an affect on your forum privileges whatsoever. Users will give you a + when they like you and a - when they don't. It just showcases how much you're liked by the forums community.
30-07-2016, 12:34 PM
(30-07-2016 12:20 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I'm considering writing in Ted Nugent. See what I mean by instigator? Smile

There'll be more kamikazes from the hundredth floor and swan dives to the street at least. So there's that.

#sigh
30-07-2016, 12:35 PM
(30-07-2016 12:33 PM)Gilgamesh Wrote:  It doesn't have an affect on your forum privileges whatsoever.

..Actually that's not quite true. If you're in the negative you cannot give others reputation of any sort; neither -'s or +'s
[+] 1 user Likes Gilgamesh's post
30-07-2016, 12:51 PM
Quote:There'll be more kamikazes from the hundredth floor and swan dives to the street at least. So there's that.

I'm actually friends with Ted. He lives about an hour from me. I flew for Jimmy Buffet for quite awhile, and he and Ted are friends, which is how I met him.

My wife and I spend a few weekends a year with him and shemane. I told him we'd only come if politics was verboten...he struggles with it.

I like him personally, but his politics go too far even for me. I'd like to tell you he isn't as bad in real life, but if anything he tones it down for tv.

Scary, huh?
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
30-07-2016, 01:03 PM
(30-07-2016 12:51 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:There'll be more kamikazes from the hundredth floor and swan dives to the street at least. So there's that.

I'm actually friends with Ted.

Is that some sorta gay boy code for "He got you in a stranglehold."? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Nugent does Ravel.

#sigh