Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-07-2016, 01:14 PM
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less. NEW INFO, STOP IN AND READ!
(30-07-2016 12:51 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:There'll be more kamikazes from the hundredth floor and swan dives to the street at least. So there's that.

I'm actually friends with Ted. He lives about an hour from me. I flew for Jimmy Buffet for quite awhile, and he and Ted are friends, which is how I met him.

My wife and I spend a few weekends a year with him and shemane. I told him we'd only come if politics was verboten...he struggles with it.

I like him personally, but his politics go too far even for me. I'd like to tell you he isn't as bad in real life, but if anything he tones it down for tv.

Scary, huh?

Say Hi to Ted for me.... I used to be on the Nugeboard -- his online forum -- (same moniker as here) before it got shut down some years ago ----

He'd probably remember me as "that goofy fucking atheist from Kalamazoo"

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-07-2016, 01:15 PM
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less. NEW INFO, STOP IN AND READ!
Quote:Is that some sorta gay boy code for "He got you in a stranglehold."? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

LOL...no, no stranglehold. You'll have a small stroke every time he launches into another preachy diatribe, though...it's your brain's way of trying to escape. He's one of those people it's hard not to like in person, but you keep thinking "He'd be great if he just wouldn't do...(whatever)". He's a very sincere, big hearted guy, believe it or not. He's just very...overdone.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
30-07-2016, 01:18 PM
(30-07-2016 01:15 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:Is that some sorta gay boy code for "He got you in a stranglehold."? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

LOL...no, no stranglehold. You'll have a small stroke every time he launches into another preachy diatribe, though...it's your brain's way of trying to escape. He's one of those people it's hard not to like in person, but you keep thinking "He'd be great if he just wouldn't do...(whatever)". He's a very sincere, big hearted guy, believe it or not. He's just very...overdone.

I saw him in concert years ago with Damn Yankees...this was before he was so well known as a polarizing force when it comes to politics. I remember thinking that I had never before seen anyone with such long legs. Shocking

I went to see him in concert many years before that in Cleveland...unfortunately I sort of got stoned and I missed it. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
30-07-2016, 01:18 PM
Quote:He'd probably remember me as "that goofy fucking atheist from Kalamazoo"

LOL Ok...that's almost what he calls me. He gives me shit about being an atheist and flying airplanes, because I'm "practically in the heavenly father's goddamned LAP, Jimbo!" (I hate Jim or Jimbo)

It seems so out of character that he's religious, but he surely is.
30-07-2016, 01:22 PM
Quote:. I remember thinking that I had never before seen anyone with such long legs. Shocking

I went to see him in concert many years before that in Cleveland...unfortunately I sort of got stoned and I missed it. Undecided

That is peculiar...I have never once noticed the length of his legs Smile

You are probably the first person in history to ever get baked at a Nuge concert...no wait...

He never touches drugs or alcohol, he believes fervently in God...so freaking out of character it's just hard to grasp, for me.
30-07-2016, 02:06 PM
welcome from a fellow pilot.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
30-07-2016, 02:28 PM
(30-07-2016 02:06 PM)skyking Wrote:  welcome from a fellow pilot.

Thank you, my aviation brother!

What/where do you fly?

Check six!
30-07-2016, 02:47 PM
went through the tickets on my nickel, flown a straight tail 4 turbo Riley Rocket for 25 years around the US and Alaska, flew banners in Seattle and Portland.
30-07-2016, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 30-07-2016 03:03 PM by The Dark One.)
(30-07-2016 02:47 PM)skyking Wrote:  went through the tickets on my nickel, flown a straight tail 4 turbo Riley Rocket for 25 years around the US and Alaska, flew banners in Seattle and Portland.

That's awesome! My two heroes are Jack Riley and Burt Rutan. I know Burt but never got to meet Jack. I have flown Riley converted 210,310,320,414 and 421's though, and the crazy old bastard was a certified genius! That's fantastic, Skyking.

Curious...did you name it songbird?

I did some banner towing as well as skywriting. Both can be challenging!

I flew the 425 a lot in Alaska, medivac. Sure wish Jack had tinkered with that one!

Great to meet you, SK!
30-07-2016, 03:10 PM
We call her ho-ho, hotel in the N numbers. Smile
In Sheboygan on the way home from a 22 day trip around the country.
[Image: burrows.JPG]
That is a safe distance for viewing the paint Big Grin