Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-08-2016, 11:46 AM
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less. NEW INFO, STOP IN AND READ!
(02-08-2016 08:55 AM)skyking Wrote:  I spent a lot of my retirement galavanting around the country in the 310, and now I have to make up for it. No regrets though, they were good times. Better to have the fun while you are young and can enjoy it.

Uh-oh...it sounds like perhaps you spent your children's inheritance! Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2016, 11:51 AM
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less. NEW INFO, STOP IN AND READ!
Quote:A REAL airplane, is one you have to pull the prop through by hand...Undecided

There is more truth to that than most people will ever know!
02-08-2016, 12:41 PM
(02-08-2016 11:46 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  
(02-08-2016 08:55 AM)skyking Wrote:  I spent a lot of my retirement galavanting around the country in the 310, and now I have to make up for it. No regrets though, they were good times. Better to have the fun while you are young and can enjoy it.

Uh-oh...it sounds like perhaps you spent your children's inheritance! Smile

No children, no worries. Besides, they better be able to fend for themselves.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
02-08-2016, 12:50 PM
(29-07-2016 07:11 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Greetings, fellow non-believers! Smile

Please forgive any clumsiness, I'm new to forums. This is my third atheist forum in 2 weeks, I'm afraid. I haven't been banned or anything, I just didn't care for the attitudes and abuse once they learned my DARK SECRET.

I AM A CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN, and proud of it. If you folks are ok with this, we should have a great time together, discussing Life, The Universe, and Everything.

If you are not ok with this, PLEASE tell me now, so I don't spend days making new friends only to be shunned because I don't believe what you believe.

I had never realized atheism had such a political aspect, frankly...but apparently it is predominantly Liberal.

Ok, positive, welcoming feedback, so hopefully this will be a nice place to hang out and have arguments and discuss life. Thank you for the welcoming words, folks!

A little about myself, so you know who you're arguing with Smile

I live on a little (47 acre) ranch with my wife and a bunch of critters. We love animals and take in just about anything. From livestock to llamas to giant tortoises to reptiles of all types, we have em.

We have 3 kids, our son lives 15 minutes away and has a comic book / video game store. Our two daughters are both in college, one in veterinary school, the other in med school.

I grew up on our family cattle ranch in west Texas, near Lajitas. It was 240,000 acres, lots of hard work. My father was a pilot in WWII, Korea and VN wars, with the army air corps and air force. My entire family is in aviation, or was, in one form or another. I was a licensed pilot on my 17th birthday.

I earned my bachelors from the University of Texas in bio, and later returned to school at Sul Ross in Alpine, Texas for my masters in Herpetology.

I spent 8 years in the air force, first as what is called a "faip". or First Assignment Instructor Pilot. I was with Air Training Command, flying T-37 and T-38 aircraft as an instructor. Ultimately I ended up an F-5II and F-15C fighter pilot with the 65th TFAS out of Nellis AFB.

After the service I wandered around a bit, flying for the Royal Flying Doctor Service in Australia, then for a small bush airline in Costa Rica, and finally for Continental Airlines in Houston, Texas. After 10 years I was headhunted by Frontier airlines, and changed companies. I retired after 12 years with Frontier, basically the first moment I could, as 9/11 had taken all of the fun out of commercial aviation.

I served as a deputy sheriff for 8 years while working for Frontier, 4 of those years as an element leader on a swat narcotics entry team. The 12 day on / 18 day off schedule at the airline left plenty of off time that the sheriff was willing to work around.

After leaving Frontier, I went to Alaska to do some more bush flying- (it's the most fun you can have dressed) I had met my wife there years before- she was born and raised there.

Eventually we moved back to Texas and bought this little place near San Antonio. I have a man cave full of guns and guitars, a 300 yd shooting range, and a hotrod shop with 9 employees that I opened just to stay busy. It's been incredibly busy, and profitable.

I'm a conservative, but somewhat atypical. I am an atheist, and have been since I was 12. I'm not against anything except restrictions on freedom. Leave me alone and I'll leave you alone, is my philosophy. Don't tell me that I can't carry a gun or drive a 1000 hp hotrod, and I won't shoot you in the neck. Simple. I'm not anti-gay, I'm not threatened by religion- "in god we trust" is fine with me, 10 commandments in the courtroom is fine with me, it's our history and a decent model for a good life. Just don't preach at me or try to tell me I have to go to church. I'm not sure why some atheists get so threatened by those things, but to me it's silly.

I love dogs, have a huge guitar collection- I play mostly hard rock and heavy metal, circa 1970 to 1990, more or less. For those who are into rock and metal, I'm mostly a NWOBHM guy.

Ok...that's probably way more than you ever wanted to know about me. But my last two (first two forums of my life) forums ended badly once the members learned everything about me and got offended, so I'm laying it all out there. What you see is what you get.

Oh yes..and I'm an instigator. Smile

Nice to be here, I look forward to meeting all of you!

Still coming back here to see if you have posted the NEW INFORMATION as yet.
03-08-2016, 10:06 AM
Still coming back here to see if you have posted the NEW INFORMATION as yet[/quote]

Long ago...initially it was just basically "I'[/php]m a conservative Republican...will you let me live?

Most answered in the affirmative, so I added personal info. Smile
03-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Still coming back here to see if you have posted the NEW INFORMATION as yet

Long ago...initially it was just basically "I'm a conservative Republican...will you let me live?

Most answered in the affirmative, so I added personal info. Smile
03-08-2016, 01:48 PM
While our insane hippy-dippy "liberals" can be annoying in the extreme, I don't know any liberals who have a problem with a person who is conservative-- what we typically have problems with are some of the ideologies promoted by the current incarnation of the GOP (and the "sounds a bit too much like trying to justify the old system of white supremacy" stuff we hear), just as you take issue with some of the agendas of the Democratic Party... and in many cases, rightfully so.

I'm about as liberal a person as you're likely to meet, but I shot Expert at USAFA, am a supporter of the 2nd amendment (with limits, related to licensing for particularly dangerous types of equipment, as we already see in the "Class 3" license), I love building souped-up motorcycles, and am outright Libertarian on most social issues (but while my degree is in bio, also, my fieldwork is primarily in environmental science, and I have learned too much about how corporations operate to trust them with deregulation, regardless of its economic costs). Oh, and I formerly owned an Ercoupe. Smile

I disagree with you that it's harmless to let the Christians insinuate themselves into the government, with things like changing our Motto, altering our pledge, and placing the Ten Commandments in courtrooms. We've seen too many cases where this sort of social pressure is harmful to those who aren't in the majority, and government doing a "wink and nod" to the "right" religion gives a terrible message to those who would abuse dissenters.

Regardless of our cultural history (and present) as a predominantly Christian nation, our actual national heritage is the institution of the first truly secular society-- a government of the people, before whose laws all are to be treated equally, and which favors no religion or group above another.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 4 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
03-08-2016, 03:37 PM
Quote:I'm about as liberal a person as you're likely to meet, but I shot Expert at USAFA, am a supporter of the 2nd amendment (with limits, related to licensing for particularly dangerous types of equipment, as we already see in the "Class 3" license),

We have a great deal in common- I have no doubt you would be one of my liberal friends- yes, I have some, even in Texas- but like with them, we'd get into glorious and wildly entertaining arguments after a few drinks. Smile I'm curious about the "particularly dangerous types of equipment" you refer to. I'm a gun collector, my father was as well- he left me his entire collection when he died in 1987, which instantly made mine one of the premier collections in the US. I have 350 (give or take) firearms, from old Colt Dragoons and Walkers to functioning Gatling guns to Ingram Mac 10's to M-14's...the list is long and amazing.
About 75% of my collection came from my father, so I can't take credit for it, but I am the caretaker, and I'm lucky enough to be able to take any of these out on my range and fire them. If a person wanted to kill people, contrary to what most non-gun folks believe, a fully automatic weapon is not the best choice. Even the military has gotten away from this in handheld weapons- single shot and 3 round burst are the name of the game today.
Taking a MAC-11 in .380 out and hosing down an old washing machine or something is a lot of fun, though.

Quote:Oh, and I formerly owned an Ercoupe. Smile

Ah, the venerable Ercoupe! I've never owned one but I have flown a lot of them. The airplane based on the idea that the average pilot didn't use his feet anyway, so we'll do it for him, lol. I think the airplane had some real potential- I just can't believe they built them for, what, 30 years or so? And they still weren't very fast! You'd think, as slick as that fuselage was, that a stretched version with an 400 hp or so engine up front would have been a screamer, and would still be selling today. Still, a unique and nostalgic old bird.

Quote:I disagree with you that it's harmless to let the Christians insinuate themselves into the government, with things like changing our Motto, altering our pledge, and placing the Ten Commandments in courtrooms.

Altering our pledge and placing ten commandments in courtrooms..didn't the pledge start out that way? I thought "under god' was in the original version..?
Also I thought it was traditional back in the early days of US history to have the ten commandments in the court room...I guess I just don't see the harm.
The Christians were smart enough, in the beginning, to recognize human nature. They knew that people were going to have a difficult time dropping their religious beliefs for Christianity. So they did a very intelligent thing- they stole the pagan holidays, the created stories that were just mildly different from a pagan story, albeit with a Christian bent.They made it as easy as possible for these pagan folks to gently convert to the Christian way.
Atheists, the politically or religiously active ones, go about it entirely wrong. They raise hell and demand that things be changed, and right now! So the Christians' defenses go up, they rally, and soon they have a solidarity that they didn't have before. Right now in the US is a good example- 5 or 6 years ago, you didn't hear that much about religion- sports stars or politicians or actors paying lip service was about it. I had the definite feeling that religion was finally on it's way out.
But now it's gotten heated, they've all pulled together, and you can't watch a news program or talk show without hearing about how America will never be great again until we have God back in the classrooms and homes and porta-potties of our nation. I wish these idiots would study human nature a bit more before opening their mouths.

Quote:a government of the people, before whose laws all are to be treated equally, and which favors no religion or group above another.

Hmm. I agree it's an excellent thing to strive for. But we are an inherently violent apex predator, and I sincerely doubt our natures will change in the next millennia or so. Something to work towards, certainly...but you have to recognize that America and Britain and all of the other countries where living is easy and life is dear are the minority- the majority think nothing of using violence to further their own interests- it is, actually, natural. We're slowly outgrowing it, but VERY slowly.

That's my take on it, anyway. Smartass
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post
03-08-2016, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2016 04:50 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
(03-08-2016 03:37 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  I'm a gun collector, my father was as well- he left me his entire collection when he died in 1987, which instantly made mine one of the premier collections in the US. I have 350 (give or take) firearms, from old Colt Dragoons and Walkers to functioning Gatling guns to Ingram Mac 10's to M-14's...the list is long and amazing.

And you have a Class Three license in order to own them. I have zero problem with that. I simply think we should carefully evaluate whether other weapons need to be added to the same list of carefully-controlled weaponry, so we can ensure those own them are responsible gun owners with all the required training and evaluation.

Do you mean you own an actual Gatling gun, like the hand-cranked type? I've always wanted to fire one of those. On the other hand, I can't believe there's anyone who wouldn't want to fire a GE Minigun!

(03-08-2016 03:37 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  If a person wanted to kill people, contrary to what most non-gun folks believe, a fully automatic weapon is not the best choice. Even the military has gotten away from this in handheld weapons- single shot and 3 round burst are the name of the game today.

True enough... but the military isn't firing into crowds or classrooms full of kids, but dealing with tactical situations in which the opponents are firing and moving, or behind partial cover. But you're quite right-- a semi-automatic weapon or three-round-burst weapon is more effective than a fully-automatic one, which is why I think we should consider the psychology of military-iconic weapons (the ones people seeking to make themselves feel powerful enough to go commit mass murder tend to choose) when considering placing some weapons on the Cl-3 list.

I'm totally aware that there's no effective difference between an "assault" weapon and any other semiautomatic rifle, mechanically speaking... but that's not why these men choose the weapons they choose, and I think it's dishonest to ignore that factor. If they're really "mechanically identical", it shouldn't make a difference to a law-abiding citizen if they can't get a Mini-14 or AR-15 (or its numerous variants) and are forced to choose another semi-automatic rifle that looks less glamorous.

(03-08-2016 03:37 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Taking a MAC-11 in .380 out and hosing down an old washing machine or something is a lot of fun, though.

I don't think I'd enjoy the MAC-11 or any Uzi sort of weapon, based on their design and feel (I've handled them but never fired them) ... but I really want to cross firing an H&K MP-5 and Barrett Model 82A .50 caliber off my list. I did get to fire a rifle (forget which type) chambered for .338 Lapua Magnum rounds... my shoulder still creaks when I think about it! hehe

(03-08-2016 03:37 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Ah, the venerable Ercoupe! I've never owned one but I have flown a lot of them. The airplane based on the idea that the average pilot didn't use his feet anyway, so we'll do it for him, lol. I think the airplane had some real potential- I just can't believe they built them for, what, 30 years or so? And they still weren't very fast! You'd think, as slick as that fuselage was, that a stretched version with an 400 hp or so engine up front would have been a screamer, and would still be selling today. Still, a unique and nostalgic old bird.

From an aerodynamics perspective, it wouldn't do you much good to add horsepower to the Ercoupe, because of the massive thickness and shape of the wings (it would improve climb rate, I suppose). An airline pilot friend of mine and I co-owned the plane (he also had a Beech Sierra), and he had it modified to replace the stock setup with normal rudder pedals and linkage. Ironically, he made the same complaint about the linked pedals in his airliner, which moved with the yoke... I think they could be manually decoupled with a switch, if I recall correctly.

The best part about the Ercoupe, to me, was that it was impossible to stall... if you pulled out the throttle and eased the controls back to full elevator, it would simply settle into an almost-perfect 500fpm descent, slightly nose up. You simply fed in or removed throttle to ensure you hit your intended touchdown point, on the runway, and crabbed into the wind (because the main wheels were castering). Impossible to screw up an approach. It's a masterpiece of design, really, when you consider the objective of the designers was to produce an "everyman" plane.

(03-08-2016 03:37 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Altering our pledge and placing ten commandments in courtrooms..didn't the pledge start out that way? I thought "under god' was in the original version..?

Nope. And you have struck the nail right on the head as to why it's a problem to let them insinuate themselves. The original Pledge (ironically, it was written by a Baptist minister) said "One nation indivisible" from 1892 until 1954. President Eisenhower and congress literally divided it to add their god, in one of my favorite ironies of all time. It also didn't say "of the United States of America" until 1923, as Bellamy wrote it so any country could use it, and the original flag-salute looked like the one the Nazis would later use, so we changed it to hand-over-heart.

(03-08-2016 03:37 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  Also I thought it was traditional back in the early days of US history to have the ten commandments in the court room...I guess I just don't see the harm.

Our court system is based on British Common Law, which actually originates in the Danelaw (the Viking-dominated sections of what is now the UK), which was not Christian but pagan in origin-- it is from this that we get our jury system, our "Rights of Englishmen"-based version of the notion of "unalienable" rights of men, and most other elements of modern legal practice. So, no, they didn't "traditionally" do that; we simply didn't ban judges from doing it because people were too afraid to speak out until the past half-century.

However, the courts also consider Moses The Lawgiver™ to be one of the great founding moments in the history of law, along with Hammurabi and others, so there is some basis for the Bible being part of our court history. But when you actually place a Ten Commandments in a courtroom, you're telling anyone who is not of the Judeo-Christian tradition that they are essentially in a Christian version of a Shari'a court. Think about it.

(03-08-2016 03:37 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  The Christians were smart enough, in the beginning, to recognize human nature. They knew that people were going to have a difficult time dropping their religious beliefs for Christianity. So they did a very intelligent thing- they stole the pagan holidays, the created stories that were just mildly different from a pagan story, albeit with a Christian bent.They made it as easy as possible for these pagan folks to gently convert to the Christian way.

Atheists, the politically or religiously active ones, go about it entirely wrong. They raise hell and demand that things be changed, and right now! So the Christians' defenses go up, they rally, and soon they have a solidarity that they didn't have before. Right now in the US is a good example- 5 or 6 years ago, you didn't hear that much about religion- sports stars or politicians or actors paying lip service was about it. I had the definite feeling that religion was finally on it's way out.

But now it's gotten heated, they've all pulled together, and you can't watch a news program or talk show without hearing about how America will never be great again until we have God back in the classrooms and homes and porta-potties of our nation. I wish these idiots would study human nature a bit more before opening their mouths.

They've been whining about that stuff since I can remember, and I'm 40 years old. I disagree with the policy of appeasement, or of remaining silent while we wait for people who are perfectly comfortable to change on behalf of uncomfortable others. And respectfully, I think you're wrong about this... I see a massive tide of anti-religion sentiment among the young generation (even among those who still profess a religious belief), as a result of the bigotry and zealotry of the 1950s-raised generation.

(03-08-2016 03:37 PM)The Dark One Wrote:  
Quote:a government of the people, before whose laws all are to be treated equally, and which favors no religion or group above another.

Hmm. I agree it's an excellent thing to strive for. But we are an inherently violent apex predator, and I sincerely doubt our natures will change in the next millennia or so. Something to work towards, certainly...but you have to recognize that America and Britain and all of the other countries where living is easy and life is dear are the minority- the majority think nothing of using violence to further their own interests- it is, actually, natural. We're slowly outgrowing it, but VERY slowly.

That's my take on it, anyway. Smartass

I concur. I volunteered to serve precisely because I believe in what this country claims to stand for, and I know that there are those who would prefer to do it in the animal fashion that is our origin. But I think we're getting better at a quicker rate than ever before. Despite what the sensationalist media would have you believe, we really are safer and happier in all but the (isolated) worst parts of the world than at any time in history. This isn't naivete but the statistical trend.

It is because there are those who would push us back into barbarism and back to theocracy that I stand so fervently against those who would promote the old ideologies I wish to see us continue moving away from... as I said in another thread, I want our future to be more like Star Trek than Mad Max. Smile

Edit: Fixed a formatting error with the quote-boxes. Oops!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
03-08-2016, 09:01 PM
Quote: so we can ensure those own them are responsible gun owners with all the required training and evaluation.

I agree with that completely...many automatic weapons are incredibly dangerous in inexperienced hands.

Quote:Do you mean you own an actual Gatling gun, like the hand-cranked type?

Yes, it's an 1863, pre-Maxim gatling gun used in the civil war most certainly, but no paperwork or providence exists to link it to a particular battle, which could conceivably increase the value tenfold.

Quote:the ones people seeking to make themselves feel powerful enough to go commit mass murder tend to choose

I think way too much is made of this...very few people intent on mass murder buy a gun based on looks, but who is the government to tell me which model of gun I can own? Next you ban cars with rear spoilers or hood scoops because it promotes speeding? I don't totally disagree with you- I'm certain some folks have chosen an AR-15 because they know nothing about guns and they hear the media spouting off about how dangerous the evil assault weapons are, but the vast majority of shooters use either whatever guns their father has in his gun case, or whatever they can buy on the street, which, typically, is cheap "assault weapon" knock offs, or whatever they can steal, which is just luck of the draw. Actually, if you do a little research, you'll find very, very few shooters who obtained their weapon legally anyway.

Quote:If they're really "mechanically identical", it shouldn't make a difference to a law-abiding citizen if they can't get a Mini-14 or AR-15

Again, I have a serious problem with the government being able to dictate which model of firearm I can own based on it's appearance. Don't you feel the Big Brother inherent in that?

There is no effective difference between and semi auto and any so-called "assault rifle" that make them more dangerous for a mass shooter, no...but military hardware is designed to be less maintenance intensive, more resistant to weather and salt and being dropped, etc. I want to own a gun that is tough, and reliable...I really don't see how it can be the government's call whether I own one or not if we are still referring to ourselves as a free country.

Quote:I don't think I'd enjoy the MAC-11 or any Uzi sort of weapon, based on their design and feel (I've handled them but never fired them) ... but I really want to cross firing an H&K MP-5 and Barrett Model 82A .50 caliber off my list

The sub guns are fun, but other than CQB, worthless, Even then, my first choice in subs is the MP5.That's what we used on the entry team, and I love 'em. I like everything H&K makes.

I have a Barrett, come down and we'll shoot it. I have a model 700 sniper rifle in .338 Lapua that is my go-to gun, above the BARRETT in all than a few limited engagement scenarios.

Quote:From an aerodynamics perspective, it wouldn't do you much good to add horsepower to the Ercoupe, because of the massive thickness and shape of the wings (it would improve climb rate, I suppose). An airline pilot friend of mine and I co-owned the plane (he also had a Beech Sierra), and he had it modified to replace the stock setup with normal rudder pedals and linkage. Ironically, he made the same complaint about the linked pedals in his airliner, which moved with the yoke... I think they could be manually decoupled with a switch, if I recall correctly.

The best part about the Ercoupe, to me, was that it was impossible to stall... if you pulled out the throttle and eased the controls back to full elevator, it would simply settle into an almost-perfect 500fpm descent, slightly nose up. You simply fed in or removed throttle to ensure you hit your intended touchdown point, on the runway, and crabbed into the wind (because the main wheels were castering). Impossible to screw up an approach. It's a masterpiece of design, really, when you consider the objective of the designers was to produce an "everyman" plane.

Oh yes, you'd have to change the wing, just go to a thinner airfoil, and probably stretch the fuselage and increase the size of the rudders, but to me the plane screams for those mods...but then, fabricating things is in my blood, lol.

I'm an acro freak, so not being able to stall the airplane is annoying, to me. No snap rolls, no spins? Snooze...lol

Quote:Nope. And you have struck the nail right on the head as to why it's a problem to let them insinuate themselves.

I was unaware of that...that's interesting. I still don't see the harm in it- I hear you, I just don't see it as the threat that you do.

Quote:Our court system is based on British Common Law, which actually originates in the Danelaw (the Viking-dominated sections of what is now the UK), which was not Christian but pagan in origin-- it is from this that we get our jury system, our "Rights of Englishmen"-based version of the notion of "unalienable" rights of men, and most other elements of modern legal practice. So, no, they didn't "traditionally" do that; we simply didn't ban judges from doing it because people were too afraid to speak out until the past half-century.

As an ex cop, I'm aware of the British influence, but especially here in the southern states, it's gotten more watered down and convoluted than in, say , the New England states. I just know I've seen ver old courtrooms on the eastern seaboard that have the 10 commandments hanging. In general, they are a decent model for life...a few are outdated and silly, but I don't see then as harmful.

Quote:But when you actually place a Ten Commandments in a courtroom, you're telling anyone who is not of the Judeo-Christian tradition that they are essentially in a Christian version of a Shari'a court. Think about it.

I see where you are, but again I just don't see it as the threat you do. The switch from paganism to christianity was slow as well, but we got there. You push people and they push back.

Quote:They've been whining about that stuff since I can remember, and I'm 40 years old. I disagree with the policy of appeasement, or of remaining silent while we wait for people who are perfectly comfortable to change on behalf of uncomfortable others. And respectfully, I think you're wrong about this...

It certainly wouldn't be the first time, so I can't say you're mistaken! But I'm 50, and I've seen religion die out, then some big event happens to make the christians gather in flocks and there is a resurgence...on and on ad nauseum. Whenever religion is being essentially ignored, church attendance drops. Attack it, and all of that brainwashed guilt kicks in and they mend fences and make a new stand. Certainly spread the word, but don't attack...christians see themselves as an army, they respond to attacks...they get lethargic and stop paying attention and lose their desire to attend church if they have no common purpose.

Quote: But I think we're getting better at a quicker rate than ever before. Despite what the sensationalist media would have you believe, we really are safer and happier in all but the (isolated) worst parts of the world than at any time in history.

I served mostly because it was the only place I'd ever get to pilot a supersonic weapons platform, I've never been terribly idealistic. Everyone in my family serves, it's just what we do.There is patriotism there, but it's also a love of adrenalin and a hatred of bullies.

Quote:I want our future to be more like Star Trek than Mad Max. Smile

Agreed wholeheartedly...but I think Hillary is a dangerous mistake for that very reason. I have no love for trump, but I am very afraid- and I wasn't at all worried when Obama won- very afraid a Hillary win will spark revolution. LOTS of anger, LOTS of smoke surrounds her, there has to be SOME fire...Trump is a dufus, but I don't see a Trump win sparking an armed uprising. We have most of the guns. The majority of the military and law enforcement is conservative. As I've said in another thread, I've been shot at- been shot, in fact. I've been in combat. It isn't as much fun as some of these ol' boys think...but we'll be deeply immersed in it before they figure that out.

I REALLY hope I'm wrong about this...trust me.
[+] 1 user Likes The Dark One's post