Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2016, 12:44 AM
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less. NEW INFO, STOP IN AND READ!
I really hope so, too. Undecided

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-08-2016, 08:32 AM
RE: Greetings and the baring of my soul...more or less.
Say, by the way, it's been a long time since I took latin, but shouldn't your phrase be

Ne dederis consolation, sed veritas ?
04-08-2016, 11:51 PM
(04-08-2016 08:32 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  Say, by the way, it's been a long time since I took latin, but shouldn't your phrase be

Meh, probably. I didn't take Latin, except some basics for scientific work. I just plugged it into a translator program and cut-pasted.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
05-08-2016, 10:25 AM
(04-08-2016 11:51 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(04-08-2016 08:32 AM)The Dark One Wrote:  Say, by the way, it's been a long time since I took latin, but shouldn't your phrase be

Meh, probably. I didn't take Latin, except some basics for scientific work. I just plugged it into a translator program and cut-pasted.

Ah...no matter, just curious. I only took latin as it applied to medical terminology and taxonomy myself, but it's odd what sticks and what doesn't in the ol' cerebral cortex. I remember latin mostly as root words, and some that are basically unaltered stuck for whatever reason.