Greetings for North Carolina.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-06-2011, 09:40 AM
RE: Greetings for North Carolina.
(17-06-2011 10:29 PM)Paleo Wrote:  Apparently my state is the 6th worst state to be an Atheist in... and I actually plan on moving to the 5th worst state for that, which would be Florida.

Anyway... my name is Paleo, and I am an atheist.

Though first and foremost, I am a marine biologist. I'm not officially one yet, but I'm on my way there. Hopefully I'll be at that point in a few years time, and I want to research dolphin intelligence. Though... I'd like to have some hands-on experience working with them as a trainer first.

[Image: Mehugglephin.jpg]
Me hugging a dolphin named Sandy at SeaWorld, San Diego.

I have been watching atheist videos on youtube quite a lot for the past few months and I feel that I have been missing out on meeting some really great people. I feel that I should have been part of this atheist movement years ago when it first started on youtube.

I did have a youtube channel around the time that it started, but I didn't really upload videos about it, most of my videos were footage of SeaWorld, Aquariums and other unrelated things.

But now I have a new youtube channel, and you can visit it if you like. I'd like to hear what you think of the content I have so far.

I chose the name Paleo as my alias because as a kid, I had a profound interest in paleontology... that is, until I discovered cetaceans, then I shifted goals in life.

Anyway... there's my long... but hopefully interesting introduction. I'm sure I'll meet some like-minded people on this forum.

Hi Paleo,

Love the picture. I'm from Charlotte, NC and have lived here for over 13 years. I understand your frustration. It's hard to find anyone that doesn't look at you like you've grown a 2nd head when you say you don't believe in god. Don't even get me started on voting Democrat. LOL. My parents think I'm on my way to hell for switching sides and voting for Obama (or as they like to call him "the antichrist). Welcome to the forum.

Raven
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2011, 12:47 PM
(19-06-2011 08:38 AM)LittleOne Wrote:  Don't know where you plan to live in Florida good luck finding an Atheist friendly area.
I live in Ocala, Florida not a very friendly place for Atheist.
So far I only know of 2 people in Ocala that are Atheist besides me.
It's a very religious city.

I actually plan on moving near Orlando and going to Rollins College at Winter Park. Fortunately, there is an atheist group there that meets up on occasion.

"Science is interesting, if you don't agree, you can fuck off."
Go to my youtube channel and subscribe please!
19-06-2011, 07:38 PM

(19-06-2011 12:47 PM)Paleo Wrote:  
(19-06-2011 08:38 AM)LittleOne Wrote:  Don't know where you plan to live in Florida good luck finding an Atheist friendly area.
I live in Ocala, Florida not a very friendly place for Atheist.
So far I only know of 2 people in Ocala that are Atheist besides me.
It's a very religious city.

I actually plan on moving near Orlando and going to Rollins College at Winter Park. Fortunately, there is an atheist group there that meets up on occasion.

Good I'm glad you know about an atheist group in the Orlando area.
I have some facebooks friends in Florida not sure if any are in the Orlando area.
Good luck I hope all goes well with your move and your education.
Quote this message in a reply
19-06-2011, 08:11 PM
(19-06-2011 12:47 PM)Paleo Wrote:  I actually plan on moving near Orlando and going to Rollins College at Winter Park. Fortunately, there is an atheist group there that meets up on occasion.

You'll be fine empath, with or without a support group. ... hell I never had one for a couple decades. Wink

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.