Greetings from Alabama

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-08-2017, 11:06 AM
RE: Greetings from Alabama
(07-08-2017 09:49 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(07-08-2017 02:05 PM)aloneinalabama Wrote:  I'm in Huntsville as well. That makes at least two of us.

Space and Rocket Center! Very cool! Either of you have a connection there?

I used to work as a NASA contractor. Now I work for another agency as a contractor.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-08-2017, 11:11 AM
(17-07-2017 12:24 PM)aloneinalabama Wrote:  Hello all. I've been listening to Seth's podcast for some time now, and thought I would post to the forum.

I live in Alabama, where it seems everyone goes to church but me. Each Monday morning the discussion at the office is around church, home schooling, or which private school should I send my kids to.

Thanks in advance for realizing there are other free thinking heathens out there.

Alone in Bama

Please, whatever you do, DON'T POST that overplayed annoying song.

Outside that, be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-08-2017, 11:17 AM
(08-08-2017 11:11 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(17-07-2017 12:24 PM)aloneinalabama Wrote:  Hello all. I've been listening to Seth's podcast for some time now, and thought I would post to the forum.

I live in Alabama, where it seems everyone goes to church but me. Each Monday morning the discussion at the office is around church, home schooling, or which private school should I send my kids to.

Thanks in advance for realizing there are other free thinking heathens out there.

Alone in Bama

Please, whatever you do, DON'T POST that overplayed annoying song.

Outside that, be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

No problem, I assume you mean the overplayed grandiose song 'Hotel California'.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

08-08-2017, 11:22 AM
(08-08-2017 11:17 AM)aloneinalabama Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 11:11 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  Please, whatever you do, DON'T POST that overplayed annoying song.

No problem, I assume you mean the overplayed grandiose song 'Hotel California'.

Um no, the other song by the band many think is a person but the name is the band's name.

And what is wrong with the Eagles? I hate the NFL Eagles being a Skins fan, but no, I like the music Eagles.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
08-08-2017, 11:24 AM
And yes, my sarcasm detector works. Smarty pants.

[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
08-08-2017, 01:54 PM
(08-08-2017 11:22 AM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(08-08-2017 11:17 AM)aloneinalabama Wrote:  No problem, I assume you mean the overplayed grandiose song 'Hotel California'.

Um no, the other song by the band many think is a person but the name is the band's name.

And what is wrong with the Eagles? I hate the NFL Eagles being a Skins fan, but no, I like the music Eagles.

Well at least you don't like the Philadelphia Eagles. Of course I'm a big Dallas fan.

Met a lot of great Skins folks in the sports bars when I lived in D.C. for a couple of years. Of course this was when Grossman was quarterback.