• 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-11-2015, 10:23 PM
RE: Greetings from Arkansas
Hello! Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-11-2015, 11:26 PM
Welcome! we have quite a few musicians here and a resident teacher of percussion.
07-11-2015, 11:31 PM
greetings from mars. we do not accept peace-mongers here. all we want is babies

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
07-11-2015, 11:37 PM
Welcome Smile Keep your digits away from me Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-11-2015, 02:34 AM
@Black Eagle: I tried to do that. I played with the Mississippi Symphonic Band when I lived there. I only moved to Little Rock about 6-ish months ago. Fact of the matter is I'm not anywhere near as good as, say, my old man. He's played since he was 12, and makes a living out of it as well. I enjoy it tremendously, and its a great stress reliever and creative outlet. Hopefully here soon I'll have more time to devote to practicing and getting better.

@Fireball. The short version is I started tearing apart computers when I was 12. I lost most of my eyesight gradually through high school, and was stubborn enough to teach myself how to do what I needed to do while blindfolded. I have set up entire small businesses' networks, done cable runs, and so on. I've even found a way to make patch cables based on the twists in the varied twists in the conductor pairs. Interestingly enough, I'm the head of a 3-0person team where I work. It's always interesting when I bring on someone who has a moment of "wait, you're blind? The hell?" An important distinction is that I'm not totally blind. I have a guide dog, but only have 15 degrees of visual field and FC acuity at that. There's some things that are a PITA, but I tend to manage pretty well.

@TheGulegon: Very nice. What did you think of the area? I've lived here for 6 months, moved from Mississippi. I joke with people who ask how I like the area with my usual smartass response: "Well, moving from Mississippi... anything is an improvement."

@Everyone else. Glad to hear from everyone. Look forward to being a part of the community.
08-11-2015, 06:04 AM
(08-11-2015 02:34 AM)Gnosis Wrote:  @Black Eagle: I tried to do that. I played with the Mississippi Symphonic Band when I lived there. I only moved to Little Rock about 6-ish months ago. Fact of the matter is I'm not anywhere near as good as, say, my old man. He's played since he was 12, and makes a living out of it as well. I enjoy it tremendously, and its a great stress reliever and creative outlet. Hopefully here soon I'll have more time to devote to practicing and getting better.

@Fireball. The short version is I started tearing apart computers when I was 12. I lost most of my eyesight gradually through high school, and was stubborn enough to teach myself how to do what I needed to do while blindfolded. I have set up entire small businesses' networks, done cable runs, and so on. I've even found a way to make patch cables based on the twists in the varied twists in the conductor pairs. Interestingly enough, I'm the head of a 3-0person team where I work. It's always interesting when I bring on someone who has a moment of "wait, you're blind? The hell?" An important distinction is that I'm not totally blind. I have a guide dog, but only have 15 degrees of visual field and FC acuity at that. There's some things that are a PITA, but I tend to manage pretty well.

@TheGulegon: Very nice. What did you think of the area? I've lived here for 6 months, moved from Mississippi. I joke with people who ask how I like the area with my usual smartass response: "Well, moving from Mississippi... anything is an improvement."

@Everyone else. Glad to hear from everyone. Look forward to being a part of the community.

Welcome to TTA and a hearty thumbs up to your persistence and grit. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user