Greetings from DC

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-08-2017, 12:55 PM
RE: Greetings from DC
(10-08-2017 11:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus! Thank fuck. Your username made me think we had another conversion freak on our hands. Gay black male as KingofKings sounds pretty rad to me Thumbsup

Welcome Smile

I gotta say I held my breath for a second myself thinking "D.C. AND KingofKings?!? Is twitter not enough for the orange one anymore and he's come the direct route to troll the atheists now?" Much relieved!

[Image: whew.gif]

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
10-08-2017, 01:07 PM
(10-08-2017 10:02 AM)KingofKings Wrote:  living in the Washington DC area

You have my sympathy.

Welcome to TTA. Smile

--
Dr H

"So, I became an anarchist, and all I got was this lousy T-shirt."
[+] 1 user Likes Dr H's post
10-08-2017, 02:55 PM
[Image: giphy_zpsty1mslou.gif]
10-08-2017, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the forum. I spent three years living at Ground Zero myself.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
11-08-2017, 12:00 AM
Hello! Big Grin
11-08-2017, 08:16 AM
G'day mate, and welcome to the forums. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
11-08-2017, 11:56 PM
Hey there, welcome!

Congrats on your newfound clarity Smile

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-08-2017, 02:51 PM
(10-08-2017 12:55 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 11:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Jesus! Thank fuck. Your username made me think we had another conversion freak on our hands. Gay black male as KingofKings sounds pretty rad to me Thumbsup

Welcome Smile

I gotta say I held my breath for a second myself thinking "D.C. AND KingofKings?!? Is twitter not enough for the orange one anymore and he's come the direct route to troll the atheists now?" Much relieved!

I have no idea how this "skaip.org" came to be here on this previous post (#11 here)...
Urh?

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
12-08-2017, 03:05 PM
(12-08-2017 02:51 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 12:55 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I gotta say I held my breath for a second myself thinking "D.C. AND KingofKings?!? Is twitter not enough for the orange one anymore and he's come the direct route to troll the atheists now?" Much relieved!

I have no idea how this "skaip.org" came to be here on this previous post (#11 here)...
Urh?

[Image: WCRQMua.jpg]

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
12-08-2017, 03:27 PM
(10-08-2017 01:07 PM)Dr H Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 10:02 AM)KingofKings Wrote:  living in the Washington DC area

You have my sympathy.

Welcome to TTA. Smile

Yup. When I arrived in the area in the '80s (work at the Pentagon) and was looking for a place to live, I was told: "So you want some place safe, reasonably priced, and an easy commute to work. Okay. Congratulations! You can have any two of the three." I chose reasonably safe and affordable in Woodbridge, Va. The commute to the Pentagon was a nightmare. I just checked on my old house, which I sold in 1992 for around $90K, and it is now listed for sale at $236K. (On the bright side, it's close to a commuter rail stop with a direct route to D.C. On the down side, it looks like the crime rate in the area has gone up about 500% since I left. Aaargh.)

I used to have occasional meetings at the Washington Naval Yard. I would leave my car safely in the Pentagon parking lot and take a commuter bus to the yard, where government buildings were open but the parking lots were surrounded by fences to keep cars from being stolen or vandalized. One evening, while waiting at the bus stop for a ride back to the Pentagon, I watched two drug deals in progress across the street, in full daylight. A co-worker explained that the dealers preferred to do business in the open in daylight, because people there at night get shot! Sadcryface

But maybe things have gotten better there? Big Grin