Greetings from England

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Greetings from England
Hey everyone,

I've been blasting through The Thinking Atheist back catalogue of podcasts lately and so I felt it was time to meet the community behind the name. I run a humanist blog on tumblr which is also about promoting positive atheism and humanism and is trying to be a hub for the community there. I remember hearing Seth saying on one of the podcasts that he doesn't have a tumblr presence, so I decided I'd try to rally people together there on my blog, I'll leave a link at the end, it's still a work in progress.

I've been an atheist since the age of about 13, I'm 26 this year. I don't think I was ever really a Christian and my parents certainly never pushed religion on me, I was lucky in that regard. I suppose to some extent I was passively and culturally Christian until I made the choice to became actively atheist. I'm just glad that communities like this exist and I'm really looking forward to diving in and getting to know you guys and sharing ideas.

Hope you're all having a good day!

Tumblr Blog Link::
http://brothers-sisters-comrades.tumblr.com/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Greetings from England
Welcome aboard, dude! You'll like it here. I was also fortunate to avoid the pushed religion situation. My parents let me choose what I wanted to believe.

I also followed your tumblr.
09-07-2013, 06:11 PM
Another Englishman, welcome. Where about's you from dude?

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
09-07-2013, 06:20 PM
Hello Shy Welcome.

You'll fancy this forum; it's the bee's knees Big Grin

....did I say that right Confused

Pay no attention; I've lost the plot! Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
09-07-2013, 06:26 PM
(09-07-2013 06:11 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Another Englishman, welcome. Where about's you from dude?

Oh hey another one huh, just fyi round these parts it's a grilled cheese sandwich. You get that and we can get along just fine. Welcome to TTA. Smile

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
09-07-2013, 06:46 PM
(09-07-2013 06:26 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  round these parts it's a grilled cheese sandwich.

YER DAMN RIGHT. AIN'T NO SUCH THANG AS A CHEESE TOASTY.

Sorry, my southern American slipped out. Tongue
09-07-2013, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the welcomes y'all !

I'm from the South-West of the England. I tend to say cheese on toast, what suddenly made you think of cheese toasties lol?

Thanks for the tumblr follow, the page is slowly being updated Smile I don't really know where to start here, is there a general progression from the introduction page to other pages or should I just dive in anywhere and see what happens?
[+] 1 user Likes Brothers-Sisters-Comrades's post
09-07-2013, 08:29 PM
(09-07-2013 08:25 PM)Brothers-Sisters-Comrades Wrote:  Thanks for the welcomes y'all !

I'm from the South-West of the England. I tend to say cheese on toast, what suddenly made you think of cheese toasties lol?

Thanks for the tumblr follow, the page is slowly being updated Smile I don't really know where to start here, is there a general progression from the introduction page to other pages or should I just dive in anywhere and see what happens?

Its a running joke and as for jumping in feel free. It seems much more intimidating than it really is.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
09-07-2013, 08:34 PM
(09-07-2013 08:25 PM)Brothers-Sisters-Comrades Wrote:  Thanks for the welcomes y'all !

There's a thread on the many names and titles of the great grilled cheese. Tongue

It's your tumblr, man. If you want to stick formal and work up from an introduction, go for it. That'd be the most organized approach.
09-07-2013, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2013 08:38 PM by Brothers-Sisters-Comrades.)
Ah I saw somebody mention it on tumblr the other day as well out of the blue, what's the joke? did I miss a pop-culture reference? just curious Smile

EDIT: ah okay I'll check the thread

Humanist Blog: A Humanist Online